No announcement yet.

Creighton Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting out hit 21 to 13 in the series is disturbing so I don't know if we were more lucky than good, but I'll take the end result and smile since it was Creighton.

Comment

Certainly some good execution by our guys getting runners home in scoring position with less than 2 outs. Thought we pitched pretty darned well. Snavely ran out of gas almost a replica of his first start in Arizona. Pitched well for the most part, kept it clean save for some very odd errors that didn't cost too much, timely hitting. Looked like a team today and beat a pretty good Cu team.

Comment

I think Creighton lost the games intentionally. They heard that if the Shocks swept them, Butler would get an extension and having us miserable an extra year was more important to them. :hororr:

Actually, I'm very happy for the players. Not at all expected given how they had played up to today. :applouse:

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
          Getting out hit 21 to 13 in the series is disturbing so I don't know if we were more lucky than good, but I'll take the end result and smile since it was Creighton.
          The Shocks were certainly the recipient of some largesse from CU in their big innings but they still had to do some good things at the right time to cash in.

CU certainly missed a boatload of scoring opportunities, especially in Game 1, but the Shocks deserve some credit for making the pitches and the plays in those key situations.

At the end of the day the most important stats were 7-5 and 4-3.

Hopefully, the guys had fun today. We know not everyday will go our way. Enjoy 'em when you earn 'em.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 2, 2019, 12:03 AM.

Comment

It was nice to be at tte ball field, looking forward warmer weather. It was/is down right chilly when our seats get into the shade.
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              No kidding, really pleasant in the sun, brutal when not.

Listened to both games - stressful but enjoyed the outcomes, a sweep I hoped.

Comment

Is there a story I missed as to why Eddy is pitching out of the bullpen?
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                My guess that in this series it was because it was only 2 games. Sunday's game had already been canceled. OTOH perhaps they should have saved him for the upcoming OSU game.
            Working...
            X