Shockers at UT Arlington Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockers at UT Arlington Classic

The Shockers are in Arlington, Texas on Friday, Saturday and Sunday for 2 games vs UT-Arlington and 2 games with Stephen F. Austin.

Rain and thunderstorms are in the forecast for Friday. Shocks had one game schedule on Friday vs SFA, back-to-back games on Saturday vs UTA and SFA, and a single game on Sunday vs UTA. However, Friday's weather may jumble the schedule.

There should be some wins to be had on this trip.

UTA is 2-2 having split 4 games with Texas A&M-Corpus Christi and they are scheduled to play Arkansas-Pine Bluff this evening. Not much to go on there. Last year UTA was 22-35 overall and 11-19 in the SunBelt.

SFA is 1-3 losing 2-3 at home against Arkansas State (4-2, 2-11 and 6-7) and losing at Texas A&M by a 5-3 score. Last year SFA was 17-36 overall and 9-21 in the Southland.

I think it will be disappointing if the Shocks don't win at least 3 of the 4 games assuming they get them all in. In the past I would say anything less then 4-0 would be disappointing but times have changed.

Will be interesting to see if they changeup the pitching rotation this weekend.

Should be an opportunity for the team to get some confidence. SFA was RPI 260 team and UTA was 186 last year. Too bad this weekend schedule and last week were not reversed.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      That certainly would have been better. Pretty much the same thing happened with the softball team. I don't think it's a bad idea for cold weather teams to kind of ease into the season for a weekend or two but actually making that happen may not be so easy.

I would agree that anything less than 3-1 will be highly disappointing. However, with a Todd Butler coached team, sadly it wouldn't be surprising

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      Should be an opportunity for the team to get some confidence. SFA was RPI 260 team and UTA was 186 last year. Too bad this weekend schedule and last week were not reversed.
      You should never use the word "should" when describing a Todd Butler coached baseball team.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Fever, go follow a new team. the block is not working. Seriously go be a beaker or something...you're played out here.

Comment

• shockerfanmas
          shockerfanmas commented
          Editing a comment
          I mean whether anybody likes it or not, he's got a valid point. Games that used to be almost automatic wins are all of a sudden anything but, and it has been that way even in Gene's last few years. And its really sad to watch. Us loyal fans deserve better, but until Todd Butler is gone, we may not get better. I hope and pray the light bulb will flip back on

The Shocker softball team had their Friday games at the UTA Tournament it is playing in this weekend cancelled and they will play all 4 of their games on Satruday and Sunday. Of course, softball does play on a skin infield and it doesn't take much rain to shut them down.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 21, 2019, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Shocker Notes and Game Links For the UTA Maverick Classic

2019 UT Arlington Classic
          Game 1: Wichita State (1-3) vs. Stephen F. Austin (1-3)
          Friday, Feb. 22 | Noon CT | Arlington, Texas (Clay Gould Ballpark)
          Radio: 98.7 FM/1330 AM (Shane Dennis, pxp)
          Live Audio | Live Stats

Game 2: Wichita State at UT Arlington
          Saturday, Feb. 23 | Noon CT | Arlington, Texas (Clay Gould Ballpark)

Live Video (PPV) | Live Audio | Live Stats

Game 3: Wichita State vs. Stephen F. Austin
          Saturday Feb. 23 | 3:30 p.m. | Arlington, Texas (Clay Gould Ballpark)
          Live Audio | Live Stats

Game 4: Wichita State at UT Arlington
          Sunday, Feb. 24 | 11 a.m. | Arlington, Texas (Clay Gould Ballpark)

Live Video (PPV) | Live Audio | Live Stats

Comment

Hopefully, Shane is fully recovered from his voice challenges of last weekend and is ready to go. I've said it before but worth repeating I think Shane does a terrific job calling Shocker baseball games and for that matter women's basketball as well. Is Shane the heir apparent to Mike Kennedy?

Comment

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              Heard Shane on the radio this morning with Bruce. He's better, but he's nowhere near fixed. That's a brutal attack of whatever got him. If he did a game today I'd bet anything he'd lose his voice by the 5th inning.

Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
            Fever, go follow a new team. the block is not working. Seriously go be a beaker or something...you're played out here.
            Great suggestion, he would make a great Beaker fan; IGNORE has worked perfectly for me. I only see Fever's posts if someone else quotes him

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
              Have you posted anything of substance in the last year? Get off my ****ing nuts already and GFY.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Great suggestion, he would make a great Beaker fan; IGNORE has worked perfectly for me. I only see Fever's posts if someone else quotes him
                Your last 3 posts have contained my name lol. Keep the streak alive.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Oh and thanks Doc, for your vote of confidence. I clearly should be a KU fan.

Are you ****ing kidding me? I'm extremely disappointed of what you turned out to be. Thanks.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• DUShock
                    DUShock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I say this with an appreciation for Fever's passion for our beloved alma mater, and I agree with Fever on the ADDB matter.

But where I part ways regarding HCTB is during the season and the constant negativity. I say this not as a critique but to say that I'm a glass is half full kinda guy. Also, taking a stoic approach, I know that my donor level doesn't carry any weight with the powers that be, and nothing that I do or say, especially during the season will be constructive. Plus, I still keep faith alive that everything comes together and our beloved Shocks make it the tourney.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Oh and thanks Doc, for your vote of confidence. I clearly should be a KU fan.

Are you ****ing kidding me? I'm extremely disappointed of what you turned out to be. Thanks.
                  I agree. Doc and his secretive "I know all but i wont tell you" schtick is old.

Comment

A few triggered children around here it would seem.

Feel free to put me on ignore since my "couple of times a year having a little fun with usually good info" comments cause you such strife. Nothing I've said here fits your complaint narrative however, so you might want to look inward a bit.

If both you and Fever are bent out of shape because I "liked" a post that called Fever out, I'm thinking a re-evaluation of how you spend your free time might be in order. But it's a free country, do what you wish.

I'm here to discuss and enjoy WSU Baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      A few triggered children around here it would seem.

Feel free to put me on ignore since my "couple of times a year having a little fun with usually good info" comments cause you such strife. Nothing I've said here fits your complaint narrative however, so you might want to look inward a bit.

If both you and Fever are bent out of shape because I "liked" a post that called Fever out, I'm thinking a re-evaluation of how you spend your free time might be in order. But it's a free country, do what you wish.

I'm here to discuss and enjoy WSU Baseball.
                      I have tried to put you on ignore several times over the years, but a pop up reads "You suck if you follow through with this request and life-long strife will be your beckon call." I get self reflective of my life and reach for my handle of Captain and sing my favorite ballad "Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw" by Jimmy Buffett. I return to a better place and check in on SN and get caught up on "As the Fever Turns." I often run out of popcorn and Girl Scout cookies and return to my ole' stand-by...a handle of Captain. I have totally forgotten what possessed me to post this morning, but as Doc says "its' a free country, do what you wish." Sounds like a good excuse for another handle of Captain to me. Thanks for setting me straight Doc. Carry on!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X