No announcement yet.

2019 Gm #4 vs Pepperdine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 unearned runs and the boys are down 5-3 through 5.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I swear.....if Butler comes back and takes pride in two moral victories of playing Stanford and The Wave close and uses the shoulda, coulda, woulda crap I'll blow my last gasket. 5 freakin unearned runs! The Keystone Cops can't even do that!

Comment

WSU is only 2 for 12 with runner in scoring position....

Comment

Fev, we can count the unearened runs. we don't need a play by play of every negative play we make. it's old and it makes any comments you might make invaluable and unimportantt

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
            Fev, we can count the unearened runs. we don't need a play by play of every negative play we make. it's old and it makes any comments you might make invaluable and unimportantt
            Then you might either wanna do one of two things: Put me on your ignore list or ignore the rest of the season. The choice is yours.

10-3 now after a complete meltdown. Or as shocker22 would say, just don't post at all. Rah, rah, rah!
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
              I'm going to have to support Fever on this one. If you are to expect Shocker fans to ONLY post the positive plays this team has made this year, then we'd have game threads that are only a page long. I don't blame his for the level of frustration as it appears it will be 6 straight seasons of underwhelming baseball.

Comment

Promising weekend.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                  I don't blame his for the level of frustration as it appears it will be 6 straight seasons of underwhelming baseball.
                  If u want to be accurate, it has been 10 years of underwhelming baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Then you might either wanna do one of two things: Put me on your ignore list or ignore the rest of the season. The choice is yours.

10-3 now after a complete meltdown. Or as shocker22 would say, just don't post at all. Rah, rah, rah!
                    OK you are on my ignore list.

Comment

• 1979Shocker
                      1979Shocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The ignore list doesn't work half the time.

• WSUwatcher
                      WSUwatcher commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The Ignore list may be Shockernet's best feature, but mine seems to vanish every time I lose my cookies (which, perhaps not by coincidence, is about what some of my Ignorees -- Ignoramuses? -- cause me to want to do whenever they reappear until I can update my settings once again). So if you've cleared your cookies, 1979, whether deliberately or because your machine decided to do it for you, try resetting your Ignore list. Hopefully the air will be a litle cleaner for you once you do. It certainly works that way for me.

• Shocker1976
                      Shocker1976 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Fever is only poster on my ignore list; appears to be working as I have not seen a post from him since I created the list.

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

OK you are on my ignore list.
                    Deuces!

Enjoy the rainbows and unicorns!
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Defense not good, pitching not good -- most unearned runs score on hits, as was the case today -- and 34 runs for the opponents in four games as a result. Good thing tomorrow is another day, Scarlett. At least things can scarcely get worse.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                        WuDrWu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Defense certainly leaves a lot to be desired. Pitching is better than the numbers looked. Snavely, Segal, Stumpy and Eddy all looked really good. 2 or 3 of the freshman showed a lot of potential. Biggest problem is not having a Friday ace to compete in this league. Pitching will be improved this year. A lot.

• WSUwatcher
                        WSUwatcher commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just looking at the play-by-play and boxes, Doc, it looks like Eddy may have been WSU 's best pitcher all weekend -- too bad he couldn't get enough support to avoid a very tough loss.

• WuDrWu
                        WuDrWu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Segal had the best stuff, he was nasty. Snavely was the best pitcher. Near flawless for 5 he got tired and sloppy in the 6th and gave up his only earned runs. Eddy battled and maybe wasn't quite as good as it seemed, but still much better than his FR AA season.

McGinness has to throw something other than the old #1 for a strike. He worked ahead, but couldn't get anyone out. Jury is still out there. Barnhouse battled with good but not great stuff.

Other guys with good stuff and potential (just my opinion) Stuempfig, Carver, Pleimann & Peters. Guys that looked like they will struggle: McCraw, Minor, Lindeman.

Unknown: Stephenson, Hasse. Especially Hasse.. He struggled a ton, but he's got a nose to toes curve that is dynamite. Gotta back it up with a heater though at some point.

Stanford hit a bunch of line drives. We probably got off the hook a bit but you have to give Stuempfig and Eddy credit for battling against a super team. Man their closer is nails. 0.60 ERA last season, I can't imagine a better closer in college baseball.

Everyone but Fever is on my ignore list.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                        WuDrWu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Please don't encourage him.

• Shocker1976
                        Shocker1976 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Fever is the only poster on my ignore list and I am enjoying not having to read his constant negativity regards MBB and Baseball

Brady Slavens looked really good. Played 3rd like he's been there his entire life. Comfortable at the plate. Rarely, if ever swung and missed. I think we have to find a place for him. He gets it.

Comment

Fever annoys me more than anybody here probably, but I have to agree with him. Why shouldn't we as fans, be calling out the negatives of this baseball team? I do wish he would throw in a positive comment when the team actually plays well (which will probably be the exception rather than the rule again this season) but I definitely understand the frustration.

I mean, a once proud team celebrating like they just won the CWS after beating Grand Canyon?? Seriously, those are the kind of teams we used to beat 20-1 game after game. So yep, even though we probably can't stand each other, I'm siding with Fev on this issue.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                          WuDrWu commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Who said they celebrated like they won the CWS? That's just false.

We never routinely beat any D1 teams 20-1. Let's see how many lies I can uncover here........

No one says anyone can't call out negatives. Not even me. An often proud program, not proud team. And even that's been a long time ago. They didn't celebrate like they won the CWS. They weren't upset they won, either.

Look, I have NO problem pointing out and calling out the negatives. NONE. Not at all.

I (as apparently the crowned "sunshine pumper" of Shocker baseball) have a problem with CELEBRATING the missteps and failures of any program. I have a problem with ONLY pointed out the negatives. I have a problem with cheering against the team by relishing in the losses. I have a problem when you do all these things and don't give them credit when they do things well. I have a problem lol-ing the same stupid negative **** over and over and over again. And I have a problem when you, or we as fans collectively, do not support the players and families. You want to give coaches a hard time, go for it. I realize they are well paid (at least the head coaches) and they have to win and they are and should be held to a high standard. They must also be given some credit if things off the field are going well. They are in fact STUDENT athletes. And remember too, this is their livelihood. Real people, real life, real jobs. Not just for the head coach.

The program had been trending down with Gene for years. He'd lost touch and wasn't managing the program. I have issues with the transition, but not for the same reasons most do. I understand those that believe Gene should have been allowed to do what he wanted, when he wanted. I disagree, but I understand.

And I'm going to say it again, for emphasis. College baseball is NOT what it was 15 years ago and REALLY isn't what it was 30 years ago. Those days aren't returning, ever. Did you see the game against GCU? There were more than 4500 in attendance. The Senator of Arizona sung God Bless America. It was an event. We can't get 1200 students to go to a men's basketball game for crying out loud. They had 2000 students for opening night in baseball (I'm not trying to sell you that it's always like this, but ONCE is more than WSU has ever had). They aren't Newman, or Southwestern or OCU or Friends or any of the other two dozen cupcakes we used to beat 5-20 times a year back then when MAYBE 40 schools took baseball seriously.

There's no question the program isn't where any of us want it. Not you, not Fever, not most if not all supporters and fans, not the admin or coaches or players. Not me either. Things need to change. Is it too much to ask to be supportive and see if they change this season and then look at the overall picture? I don't think so.

• Shocker1976
                          Shocker1976 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You captured my sentiments well; thanks for posting this comment.
                      Working...
                      X