No announcement yet.

Mike Steele resigns, Mike Pelfrey hired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone want to wager? I'll bet you $100 you'll be impressed with whomever Coach Butler gets to be pitching coach. If you're not impressed, if you think it's not good for Shocker baseball, I'll give $100 to the charity of your choice. If you are impressed and think the person will be good for Shocker baseball, you send $100 to Shocker baseball.

Any takers?

Comment

• AndShock
      AndShock commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll bet you $100 Todd Butler doesn’t succeed no matter who the pitching coach is.

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Anyone want to wager? I'll bet you $100 you'll be impressed with whomever Coach Butler gets to be pitching coach. If you're not impressed, if you think it's not good for Shocker baseball, I'll give $100 to the charity of your choice. If you are impressed and think the person will be good for Shocker baseball, you send $100 to Shocker baseball.

Any takers?
    Capra?

Comment

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      Anthony Capra would seem to be an excellent choice and would seem to hit a lot of the wants for Shocker baseball and also Shocker baseball fans. Shane Dennis' tweet that he talked to him about it seems like a credible action.

I would be impressed to say the least. But that's not my question. Are you in? I'm very much interested in either getting some donations started for Shocker baseball or writing some checks to some worthy charities.

Keep in mind, you are the sole determination of winner and loser. If, for instance, somehow Todd were able to persuade Tommy Hottovy to leave the Cubs organization to take the Pitching Coach job here, and for some reason you were not impressed, then I'm writing the check. No ifs and or buts (in this case I will suggest you seek counselling, but I'll still make the donation).

I don't understand your confidence Doc. Why would anyone with a resume that would impress us want to come here for a lame duck season and get canned in May? It will take a motivational genius just to keep the players engaged the whole season. We have average MVC pitching depth with no legitimate prospects to cultivate into an Ace that would help said new coach move up the ladder and find a better job come summer. Help us see the bigger picture here.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
      I don't understand your confidence Doc. Why would anyone with a resume that would impress us want to come here for a lame duck season and get canned in May? It will take a motivational genius just to keep the players engaged the whole season. We have average MVC pitching depth with no legitimate prospects to cultivate into an Ace that would help said new coach move up the ladder and find a better job come summer. Help us see the bigger picture here.
      How the heck is he going to help you see the big picture? He’s the Nostradamus of Shockernet. Writing crap and getting you to read into his cryptic messages and seeing what you want to see.

Wouldn’t surprise me a bit if a Stephenson player steps up to help the program and provide a bridge for another Stephenson player to take over the HC position next year. I don’t need to read a ouija board to figure that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
        Wouldn’t surprise me a bit if a Stephenson player steps up to help the program and provide a bridge for another Stephenson player to take over the HC position next year. I don’t need to read a ouija board to figure that out.
        That would not surprise me either or possibly Kemnitz stepping back in to bridge the gap. Unlikely, the you are going to find anyone else that will want to walk into this situation. I doubt Shane Dennis wants to move from the broadcasting booth to the dugout for a season but who knows. This would explain Doc's confidence on why he thinks Shocker fans will like whoever they bring in.

Comment

Sources tell me that @GoShockersBSB coach Todd Butler will announce former Shocker Mike Pelfrey as the team's next pitching coach on Monday. Pelfrey, now an assistant at Newman, spent 12 seasons in the Major Leagues and was an All-American pitcher at WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
            Sources tell me that @GoShockersBSB coach Todd Butler will announce former Shocker Mike Pelfrey as the team's next pitching coach on Monday. Pelfrey, now an assistant at Newman, spent 12 seasons in the Major Leagues and was an All-American pitcher at WSU.
            You can do a lot worse than a double-digit-season big leaguer.

I just hope Pelfrey keeps his KU Hoops fandom to himself while he is on the WSU payroll.
            78-65

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
              Niicccce, as a grad asst or student asst I presume.

Comment

Sorry that was from Taylor Eldridge who posted it on Twitter.

Comment

Comment

Pelfrey is a good choice for a pitching coach regardless the situation with the HC. He has been around quite a few MLB pitching coaches and know what works. He’s never recruited but he is an impressive person and his recent MLB experience gives home instant cred. I think this is a very good hire. Obviously, I would rather it be Hottovy though.

Comment

I called it last February that Pelfrey would be the WSU pitching coach. Just need Hooper to be name HC, for my prediction to be 100% accurate

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post

How the heck is he going to help you see the big picture? He’s the Nostradamus of Shockernet. Writing crap and getting you to read into his cryptic messages and seeing what you want to see.

Great call.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I hope Butler doesn't think this hire will save his job because it won't. He's completely DONE. I wonder how this hire is structured and will set things up for the next HC.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            I called it last February that Pelfrey would be the WSU pitching coach. Just need Hooper to be name HC, for my prediction to be 100% accurate
                            Prove it.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• SB Shock
                              SB Shock commented
                              Editing a comment
                              It public record.
                          Working...
                          X