Next Shocker Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Shocker Head Coach

Time to build a shopping list. Who do you want and why?

I'd call Hooper and Wedge and get that out of the way.

Then I'd grab a Baseball America top 25 list and call every school on there asking for referrals.

Then I'd hit up the top mid-majors with regional ties.

T

...:cool:
    Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; May 22, 2018, 11:12 AM.

Give this guy a call at Tennessee Tech: Matt Bragga 931-372-3925

The highest paid Ohio Valley football coaches rake in $200K per. This bloke might not even be clocking six figures. $300K would look like a billion dollars to him.

T

Comment

How about this guy... he's already settled in after all.

Him and Hoop would be one hell of a pair. Hell, throw in Standiford and Santa might have to close shop due to a shortage of workers. I kid I kid... but seriously any of the 3 would be HUGE upgrades.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        Forbes is done with baseball, clearly.

T

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        A lot of difference between coaching in the minors and coaching your alma mater in your hometown as far as being away from your family. Particularly if one was not moving his family around every time he changed minor league teams.

Hooper would/should probably be top of the list and first call made. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. Pray that the previous administration's whiff on Hoop isn't too late and didn't cost the program a potential steal.

I've been tracking Tennessee Tech for a while now and the guy seems legit. Crazy results this year. I'm sure his name will be tossed around any other major openings that should spring up (which doesn't look like many this year). If Hoop is a no-go, this guy might be worth a look. And you're right Cold, could get him on the relative "cheap".
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

What we need is Lou Brown, but he's probably unavailable, so throw a Brinks truck and the kitchen sink at Hooper.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• DwShock
          DwShock commented
          Editing a comment
          Lou is talking to a guy about white walls

Call me old-school, but I want Eric Wedge, and I only want Eric Wedge. The guy has seen success at the highest level, is an ambassador to the sport and university, and carries himself incredibly, honorably well. At 50 years young, I could see him as our skipper for the next 10+ years, providing stability, recognition and credibility back to the program.

Wedge.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          Can you imagine Wedge with Hooper as assistant (hitting + recruiting)? While I don't know what Hooper is doing for a living right now, I gotta believe we could give him a pay increase. Give him Brent's old salary. He was making 150k right? Then we just need a Shocker alum who's also a pitching coach and we have the trifecta. Eck Stadium would be jam-packed again. Oh what a great day that would be.

T

Speaking of wedge... oops, wrong thread.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Lol! I was wondering who had control of WStateU’s account. Glad to see you back!

Comment

If we're staying in the Shocker family, the obvious choices would be Wedge, Hooper, Standiford, but I'm starting to think we've burnt that bridge. Brad Hill is available, he would be a good choice, maybe not the best we can find, but still miles better than Butler. Maybe give Kemnitz a shot? Aside from that, I'm not really sure. Is Jake Taylor available? How about Billy Haywood?

Comment

A quick look at Southland coaches reveals that most of them would be an upgrade.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              We need names and numbers brother. We're building an official SN Coaching Search dossier.

T

What about Pelfrey as pitching coach? He's coaching over at Newman now.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              WuShock16 commented - "Meh. I’d prefer guys who really are Shockers through and through.
              Please don't tell me he's been seen in Beaker gear... please.

T

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              Wichita State alum is a big (and trash-talking) Jayhawks fan, so he's not sure he wants them to meet in NCAA tournament

“If Wichita State wins, I’m going to have to change my phone number. I’ll never hear the end of it,” Pelfrey said of the 2-seed-vs.-7-seed-possibility. “I’ve been talking trash for a long time to all my buddies who are die-hard Wichita State fans, about the Jayhawks. I don’t know, I hope maybe one of them gets beat in the first round so that doesn’t happen. I’ll be real nervous when they play Sunday night.”

Ummm.... LOL! Nevermind on Pelfrey.

.I. you buddy!

Wow! SMFH.

T

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment

"My boys..." ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????/

JFC Pelfrey.

Why did I have to see this.

T

Matt Deggs at Sam Houston State.
            Matt Riser at SE Louisiana.

Both very good options, have had the chance to listen to them speak in the last year. They are passionate, successful, high energy, and get their guys to win.

Comment

• CharlieHog
              CharlieHog commented
              Editing a comment
              Matt Deggs is a great coach. He probably has a lot of loyalty to SHSU, who gave him a chance to get back into the game when he was down and out. But it looks like he's only making 130k.

(Deggs was the Hogs hitting coach before Butler, by the way.)

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              CharlieHog commented - (Deggs was the Hogs hitting coach before Butler, by the way.)
              Soooooo... that's a no on Deggs.

T

• shockerofandover0943
              shockerofandover0943 commented
              Editing a comment
              Deggs has made a number of stops. He was also the Associate Head Coach for some good Texas A&M teams. I do think he’s very loyal to SHSU for helping him resurrect his career, but one of the reasons I mentioned him was his low salary.

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
            If we're staying in the Shocker family, the obvious choices would be Wedge, Hooper, Standiford, but I'm starting to think we've burnt that bridge. Brad Hill is available, he would be a good choice, maybe not the best we can find, but still miles better than Butler. Maybe give Kemnitz a shot? Aside from that, I'm not really sure. Is Jake Taylor available? How about Billy Haywood?
            Please educate me...why is this bridge burnt? If GS can come back wearing a WSU hat, I think those obvious choices would be possibilities.

Comment

• Shockm
              Shockm commented
              Editing a comment
              He doesn’t know why. It’s just a negative electrical impulse that he feels in his loins. GS wouldn’t detect this faint impulse. :)

PJ Forbes

Comment

Standiford. He can recruit and win in Hillsboro, Kansas. Hillsboro. There ain't a lot there to draw talented young athletes, but he does and he is highly successful.

Comment

• RoyalShock
                RoyalShock commented
                Editing a comment
                Hillsboro has a huge annual crafts fair. Perhaps that's a draw.

McPherson is a short drive from Hillsboro.

Or Marion.

• C0|dB|00ded
                C0|dB|00ded commented
                Editing a comment
                I have many relatives that hail from the Hillsboro area. It's a town of German trolls.

T

• WstateU
                WstateU commented
                Editing a comment
                Saugen Sie einen Wiener
            Working...
            X