WSU hosts K-State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU hosts K-State

Home finale this evening for the Shockers as WSU looks to pull off the season sweep against the Big XII (2x KU, 2x OSU, 1x OU and 1x KSU). Interestingly, Tyler Davis is slated to get the start on 2 days' rest after Saturday's 42 pitch appearance against USF. KSU will run out Justin Heskett (RHP 2-6, 6.92).

Forecast calls for mid-80s with a 20% chance of rain throughout the scheduled window.

The pitching matchup would seem to favor the Shocks especially if Tyler Davis can bounce back from his Saturday outing and get back on track. However, I'm sure they will split this up I doubt we see Tyler no more than 3 innings if that. I suspect we will see a lot of guys tonight especially with the Memphis series being played on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

The offense has picked it up beginning with the South Dakota State game scoring 42 runs in the past 4 games and that was with one very unproductive game from Alec Bohm and Greyson Jenista in that stretch of games.

The thing about baseball though is that predicting how things will go in any particular games is a total crapshoot.

Comment

Tonight's starting lineup:

Comment

In the pregame show HCTB said they would probably start Alex Segal on Thursday and Clayton McGinniss on Friday and go from there. Not sure about Satruday. Will they hold Codi Heuer out so he is fresh for the 1st game of the AAC Touranment?

Tommy Barnhouse is out for the season. Will not need surgery but will not be back in the rotation this season. Connor Lungwitz might pitch an inning tonight.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 15, 2018, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Correction: I may have misheard what was said on the pregame show about the pitching. Codi Heuer will go Thrusday, Alex Segal on Friday and Clayton McGinness on Sunday according to Mike Kennedy's comments duriing the game.

Time for Alec to lose one.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          RBI double. Good enough.

Mason O'Brien delivers a 2-out, 2-run single but Jenista caught rounding 3rd too aggressively to end the inning. But Shocks are off and running with a 3-0 lead.

Comment

Good to see Tyler bounce back from Saturday with a couple scoreless innings so far.

Comment

• Play Angry
            Play Angry commented
            Editing a comment
            Jinxed it.

KSU closes the gap to 1 at 3-2 in the top of the 3rd. Tyler has thrown 67 pitches. Might as well let he go another inning to if he can. He is pretty much used up for the Memphis series.

Comment

I think Alec is at his best when he is htting the ball to all fields.

Comment

Tyler is done. Connor Lungwitz in for the 1st time in a couple of weeks.

Comment

K-State edges into the lead 4-3 after 4.

Comment

Shocks trailing 6-3 heading after 8 complete. Shocks will need some 9th inning magic with the 7-8-9 hitters due up.

KSU picks up another run in the top of the 9th so the Shocks need 4 to tie.

Final: KSU 7 - WSU 3

The way the game started with the Shocks jumping on a struggling former weekend starter for 3 in the first I thought the Shocks were on their way. But that struggling KSU pitcher, Justin Heskett, shut out the Shocks on 4 hits over the final 8 innings.

Shocks now 2-7 against KSU under Coach Butler and miss the opportunity to go undefeated in their Big 12 games his season.

Disappointing game to say the least.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 15, 2018, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Too bad the game couldn’t have ended after the first inning.

Comment

Gross

Comment

Brad Hill finishes his career 20-10 vs. WSU.

Bad loss for the Shocks as the at-large hopes continue to dwindle.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                          C0|dB|00ded commented
                          Editing a comment
                          20-10? OMFG Why did you have to bring that stat to my attention. I feel like I'm going to puke.

T

...:cool:
                      Working...
                      X