WSU-USF Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    Why is it not just a forfeit? I don’t get it.
    These are the rules adopted by the AAC and agreed to by the AAc membership. The time limit on this game was set in advance so the possibility of such an outcome is not a big surprise.

Comment

• I'm pretty certain the game was going to be called at the end of 10 or the end of 11. They took a shot at getting the 11th played, but couldn't get it in with the time restraint, so the game ended at the end of 10.

Changing flights at this late date would be prohibitively expensive. Throw in the cost of a hotel stay and meals on the road and this ending to the game is what was going to happen if the game went deep into extra innings.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Well, ties are annoying, but considering that the Shocks were on the brink of losing yet another series thanks to Snavely's wildness and more shaky relief work by Killgore (why do they continue to bring him in with men on base?), I suppose we should be pleased that they at least avoided that outcome.

The good news, I guess, is that by not losing, WSU did clinch a spot in the conference tournament. That's about as much sunshine as I can pump today.

Comment

Working...
        X