Shocks at UCF For 3-Game AAC Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks at UCF For 3-Game AAC Series

The Shocks (27-12, 4-8, RPI 19) take the long trip to Orlando Florida this weekend for a 3-game matchup with UCF (27-14, 7-8, RPI 48). Game times are Friday 5:30 PM CDT, Saturday at 5:30 PM CDT and Sunday at 11:00 AM CDT. This will be the first meeting between the two teams.

Weather is looking pretty good. There is a decent chance of rain during the afternoon hours on Friday but looks like a good chance they will still get the game in Friday evening. UCF does have a natural bermuda grass field.

So the question is can the Shockers deal with the unusual conditions that they are not accustomed to. A natural grass field, temperatures in the high 70's to low 80's and winds of 7-10 mph.

The Knights are 27-14 overall and 7-8 in The American with wins over Virginia, Savannah State three times, Bethune-Cookman twice, Wagner three times, Florida twice, Siena three times, Bradley, Chicago State three times, ECU, Memphis twice, Stetson, UConn, Miami, Cincinnati twice, and USF. Losses have come against Rice, Samford, Stetson, Miami, Florida State twice, ECU twice, Memphis, UConn twice, Cincinnati, and USF twice. They are led offensively by Rylan Thomas who is hitting .399 with 11 doubles, 10 home runs and 45 RBI. As a team, they are hitting .277 with a 2.98 ERA and .964 fielding percentage.

The Shocks really need to take 2 of 3 in the series at a minmum. A sweep would be icing on the cake but would also be really helpful.

Shocker Series Notes

You can get a one month subscription to UCFKinghts.TV for $7.99 if you want to watch the games live.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 26, 2018, 02:20 PM.

It's going to be a tough one.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      So far that has been the common thread of AAC play.

Shockers tweaking the weekend rotation. Codi Heuer has been good in is last couple of starts but his offense and defense has not helped him out. Liam Eddy has been pretty shaky in his last two starts after being very good for all but about 1 inning prior to that. Tyler Davis has been good lately and apparently has earned an opportunity.

Comment

If the lady Shocks can sweep UCF, why can't the boyz? Who is with me?

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
        If the lady Shocks can sweep UCF, why can't the boyz? Who is with me?
        Clearly the guys are capable of a sweep not that it will be easy. I doubt we will see a sweep in the same fashion as the Ladies did it. That was some wild stuff. But if the guys can manage 8 home runs (resulting in 18 runs including 2 walk offs) like the ladies did I like their chances. But I'll take it any way we can get it. In fact, at this point a 2-1 series win would be okay as well.

Comment

Bohm loses one over the CF fence to put WSU on top 2-0 in the first. Good start to the weekend.

Comment

Shox give up 4 runs on 1 hit in the 3rd. The charity in conference games is very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              Shox give up 4 runs on 1 hit in the 3rd. The charity in conference games is very impressive.
              Figures...

Comment

3 run triple. Now trail 7-2.

Comment

"triple".

Different year, same stuff

Comment

Followed by a sac fly. 8-2 with 2 out in the bottom of the 4th.

Comment

Lol, shockers have given up 8 runs on what 2 hits. How does Butler survive these type of performances in conference?

Comment

Interesting technique by the WSU pitchers: walk (or plunk) the bases full, then get yourself yanked for a reliever who comes in with a can of lighter fluid and a match and immediately empties them. I've been watching and listening to baseball forever, or so it seems, and I'm pretty sure I've never encountered a case where a team gave up eight runs on only two hits.

Kind of poetic justice for Killgore after blowing up Heuer's line, though -- he set himself up for the same treatment from Keller. Is that the worst bullpen work of the college season, or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          "triple".

Different year, same stuff
                          Originally posted by SB Shock
                          Lol, shockers have given up 8 runs on what 2 hits. How does Butler survive these type of performances in conference?
                          Stop being bad fans.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Stop being bad fans.
                            I’m sorry. I want to be positive, but when the weekend comes around things just go to poop.

Comment

Working...
                            X