Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Garrett Anglim‏ @garrettanglim
    Excited and blessed to announce I have committed to continue my baseball and academic career at Wichita state university! Thank you to all the coaches that have helped achieve my dream.

Perfect games describes him as 6-0, 180 lb. 3B, SS, OF with an aggressive swing out of Papillon Lavista HS in Nebraska (Omaha metro area. Same school that produced Schocker VB player, Chelsey Feekin.

Just looking around...Garrett ended up at Nebraska, and when I noticed that, I also noticed that (as noted above) former WSU Volleyball AA and Papillion La Vista graduate Chelsey Feekin's little brother Caleb is also at Nebraska.

Cade Lott is at Eastern Oklahoma State.

Braden Berry is at Iowa Western CC (we have ties there)

Jace is locked and loaded at WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Just looking around...Garrett ended up at Nebraska, and when I noticed that, I also noticed that (as noted above) former WSU Volleyball AA and Papillion La Vista graduate Chelsey Feekin's little brother Caleb is also at Nebraska.

Cade Lott is at Eastern Oklahoma State.

Braden Berry is at Iowa Western CC (we have ties there)

Jace is locked and loaded at WSU.
      Only one guy in the class of 2020? Jace may be lonely. At least we got a good one and we didn’t over recruit.

Comment

• Kids should be checking by this weekend if school is still happening.Here is a list of what I see coming. Some on this list may be going elsewhere and still others not on this list may still come, and still more on this list may be headed elsewhere.

Doc already confirmed that Jace Kaminska was "locked and loaded".

Junior College Transfers
        Pitchers:
        CJ McDonough
        Ryne Schooley
        Braeden McLaughlin
        Casey Day
        MIF:
        Andrew Stewart

4 yr. College Transfers
        Out Field:
        Corrigan Bartlett (St. Louis)
        Pitcher:
        Spencer Hynes (Houston}
        Gareth Stroh (Nebraska)

High School
        MIF:
        Seth Stroh
        Hunter Cramer
        Jalon Mack
        Jordan Rogers

Catcher:
        Chuck Ingram
        Noah Greise
        Cooper Harris
        Gage Williams

Pitchers:
        Jace Kaminska
        Jordan Rogers

Comment

• Check PM

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
            Kids should be checking by this weekend if school is still happening.Here is a list of what I see coming. Some on this list may be going elsewhere and still others not on this list may still come, and still more on this list may be headed elsewhere.

Junior College Transfers
            Pitchers:
            CJ McDonough
            Ryne Schooley
            Braeden McLaughlin
            Casey Day
            MIF:
            Andrew Stewart

4 yr. College Transfers
            Out Field:
            Pitcher:
            Spencer Hynes (Houston}
            Gareth Stroh (Nebraska)

High School
            MIF:
            Seth Stroh
            Hunter Cramer
            Jalon Mack
            Jordan Rogers

Catcher:
            Chuck Ingram
            Noah Greise
            Cooper Harris
            Gage Williams

Pitchers:
            Jace Kaminska
            Jordan Rogers

Just going off of Twitter, I think you may be able to scratch McDonough, McLaughlin and Coby Bolen (LHP). The rest, plus Christian Clack (LHP), Braeden Harris (LHP) and Cameron Bye (RHP) are still running WSU colors on social media.
            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Kids should be checking by this weekend if school is still happening.Here is a list of what I see coming. Some on this list may be going elsewhere and still others not on this list may still come, and still more on this list may be headed elsewhere.

Junior College Transfers
              Pitchers:
              CJ McDonough
              Ryne Schooley
              Casey Day
              Treshon Paschal
              MIF:
              Andrew Stewart

4 yr. College Transfers
              Out Field:
              Pitcher:
              Spencer Hynes (Houston}
              Gareth Stroh (Nebraska)

High School
              MIF:
              Seth Stroh
              Hunter Cramer
              Jalon Mack
              Cameron Bye
              Jordan Rogers

Catcher:
              Chuck Ingram
              Noah Greise
              Cooper Harris
              Gage Williams

Pitchers:
              Jace Kaminska
              Jordan Rogers
              Konner Lewis
              Braden Harris
              Christian Clack
              Josh Hansell
              Max Chapman
              Several adds and changes. A couple more may be coming and not coming. Several Pitchers also play other positions and depending on the hitting needs of the team may be more position players than pitchers. This with the 23 returners currently on Goshockers, makes for 47 players. If the MLB draft had been a regular draft instead of only 5 rounds, we may have lost approximately 5 more players. My guess is that 40 players is probably close to what the staff would like to bring in each year, and then the players who decide that Eric Wedge and staff isn't what they want, or if playing time is most important to them (and they find out the staff doesn't view them like they would wish), they may want to transfer out,

They didn't recruit many players who are outfielders only, so I would guess that Pitchers and MIF who can run and hit will also play in the outfield just like they did last year with Cade Clemons who started out in Centerfield, and then was moved in to SS, when injuries hit the MIF.
              Last edited by Shockm; August 20, 2020, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Several adds and changes. A couple more may be coming and not coming. Several Pitchers also play other positions and depending on the hitting needs of the team may be more position players than pitchers. This with the 23 returners currently on Goshockers, makes for 47 players. If the MLB draft had been a regular draft instead of only 5 rounds, we may have lost approximately 5 more players. My guess is that 40 players is probably close to what the staff would like to bring in each year, and then the players who decide that Eric Wedge and staff isn't what they want, or if playing time is most important to them (and they find out the staff doesn't view them like they would wish), they may want to transfer out,

They didn't recruit many players who are outfielders only, so I would guess that Pitchers and MIF who can run and hit will also play in the outfield just like they did last year with Cade Clemons who started out in Centerfield, and then was moved in to SS, when injuries hit the MIF.
                I feel very good about the outfield, assuming the injury bug stays away. I would expect Bartlett to start alongside VanVooren and Gibson. Clemons, Jackson and Cornblum all have experience there, so I'm not worried about depth. Let's get the fall ball going!
                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

I feel very good about the outfield, assuming the injury bug stays away. I would expect Bartlett to start alongside VanVooren and Gibson. Clemons, Jackson and Cornblum all have experience there, so I'm not worried about depth. Let's get the fall ball going!
                  The way Cornblum hit last year, you have to find a place for him somewhere if it continues. 2nd, 3rd base, 1st (after Kocis went to DH), and Catcher were weak hitting positions last year, and will have much better competition for playing time. Wallace will probably start out at 3rd. would be my guess.

Comment

Junior College Transfers
                    Pitchers:
                    CJ McDonough
                    Ryne Schooley
                    Braeden McLaughlin
                    Casey Day
                    MIF:
                    Andrew Stewart

4 yr. College Transfers
                    Out Field:
                    Pitcher:
                    Spencer Hynes (Houston}
                    Gareth Stroh (Nebraska)

High School
                    MIF:
                    Seth Stroh
                    Hunter Cramer
                    Jalon Mack
                    Jordan Rogers

Catcher:
                    Chuck Ingram
                    Noah Greise
                    Cooper Harris
                    Gage Williams

Pitchers:
                    Jace Kaminska
                    Jordan Rogers
                    This list is incomplete according to Eric Wedge’s interview. In Paul Suellentrop’s article on Goshockers, Wedge said they have 23 new players to go with 23 returners for 46. Further, he stated they have 15 Freshmen.

On this list, we have 10 Freshmen and 18 total. Therefore, we have 5 missing Freshmen. If there are any parents, or others (Wuzee, Doc,etc. ) who know who those missing players are, please let us know.

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Thank you Coach

Comment

• JK is the real deal. He'll be a weekend guy, if not the Friday guy. Cam Bye has a live arm. Heard Gibby has been clubbing the ball. More than one newbie will push for time.

Comment

• Nice lookin swing!

Comment

• Hunter at 6’2 is a SS with a tall frame. #13 player (MIF) in the big state of Texas. Long arms with an easy swing. Either his frame, he could fit in anywhere on the infield or outfield if he can hit, and catch, he can learn a defensive position.

Comment

Working...
                              X