Recruiting - Class of 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiting - Class of 2020

Cade Lott, IF (3B/1B) 6'0" 193, McAlester, OK. Summer Team is Sandlot 2020 out of Tulsa where Rick Wrona is a coach.

Garrett Anglim‏ @garrettanglim
    Excited and blessed to announce I have committed to continue my baseball and academic career at Wichita state university! Thank you to all the coaches that have helped achieve my dream.

Perfect games describes him as 6-0, 180 lb. 3B, SS, OF with an aggressive swing out of Papillon Lavista HS in Nebraska (Omaha metro area. Same school that produced Schocker VB player, Chelsey Feekin.

Comment

Comment

I don’t give a **** if this is beep baseball at Starkey — 32 consecutive strikeouts is an amazing achievement. Hope the new coach can hold onto him.
        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• RoyalShock
          RoyalShock commented
          Editing a comment
          The old consecutive strikeout record in Kansas was 12 . . . in 1953.

• Ricardo del Rio
          Ricardo del Rio commented
          Editing a comment
          32 is hard to believe.

Comment

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          But can he strikeout lefties?

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          Good question, but he can 'hum' it...

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          It sounded fast coach..

Comment

So how fast is this kid throwing?

Comment

Last edited by RoyalShock; June 27, 2019, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Wish him the best, but all that does is open the door for a ambitious, worthy and dedicated student athlete who wants to be at WSU and wants to win.

Comment

Here it is RoyalShock

Comment

• RoyalShock
                RoyalShock commented
                Editing a comment
                Dang, I must be getting old. Thanks!

Other current 2020 Commits:

Jackson Beaman, INF/RHP, Lincoln, MO
              Dalton Beck, LHP, Frisco, TX
              Coby Bolen, LHP, Amarillo, TX
              Cameron Bye, 3B, Euless, TX
              Jonah Cox, INF, Thornton, CO
              Noah Griese, UTL, Omaha, NE
              Cooper Harris, C, Midwest City, OK
              Konner Lewis, RHP, Lexington, KY

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

I totally don't understand the thinking of the decommits and transfers. Coach who has done nothing of significance - ever - as a D1 HC gets relieved of duty. A killer staff replaces the melancholy mess, including a freaking former MLS manager of the year and part of WSU baseball's pinnacle, and kids are all like "nah... think I'll look elsewhere." It's like division by zero or something. What in the ever living eff?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Todd Butler must be a salesman the likes should be recorded in the annals of human history. If the dude started a cult he'd be the next Brigham Young. He counts as his converts some of the very people on this board, and if nothing else the scale of the sway he can pull is awe-inspiring.

Comment

• Awesome Sauce Malone
                  Awesome Sauce Malone commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In all fairness its not really your place (or anyones) to understand it. There are multiple reasons someone decommits and for all we know the kid had been in contact with the coaching staff and was told he didnt have a spot or perhaps his role might be changing. Im also pretty sure these 18/19 year old kids either dont know or done really care about what happened in 1989. They do know the WSU "brand" but hell Eric Wedge could stand behind most people on this board at a McDonalds and Im certain a large portion wouldnt even recognize him.

• Kung Wu
                  Kung Wu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The thing about posting something publicly in English is that you sorta, you know, expect the readers to understand it. I'd say it IS in our place to read what was publicly posted and try to make sense of it - that's why he posted it on Twitter.

• Awesome Sauce Malone
                  Awesome Sauce Malone commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Last edited by Awesome Sauce Malone; June 28, 2019, 10:18 AM. Reason: eh doesnt batter. Im not losing sleep of it. Still stupid as fuck though

Some of these folks are not making this decision themselves. I think we're going to see less recruits committing to the program and less folks around the program in the Fall.

Comment

Working...
                X