No announcement yet.

WSU at Mizzou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It should be 9-4 with bases loaded and 1 out.

Comment

Mizzou bringing in their closer to put an end to this Shocker uprising which has been built on mostly Shocker-like charity by Mizzou..

Comment

Perhaps we should forgo the $300k salary and buy 40 $12 copies of Baseball for Dummies. Pretty sure the return would have to be better.

Should now be 9-5 with the tying run at bat with 1 out.

Comment

If only that strikeout had brought Jenista to the plate as the tying run.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
            1972Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            These are the little nuances that the Shockers simply have not done well during the Butler regirme. Chances are we lose this game anyway but at least we would have given ouselves a chance.

Losing at MIzzou doesn't bother me too much. But the way we lost was very frustrating and disappointing. For the most part a self-inflicted loss from the get go.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Losing at MIzzou doesn't bother me too much. But the way we lost was very frustrating and disappointing. For the most part a self-inflicted loss from the get go.
            And that's why you can easily tell nothing has changed. I'm sorry, but if anybody actually believed that Butler magically turned into a guy that knew how to coach, they had another thing comin'. More experienced players that are repeatedly taught the wrong things. A couple of big league bats that helps mask the bigger problem, and most importantly, a false sense of change given the wins against substantially weak competition.

So what's the outlook on Creighton? Everybody still think we're gonna pull out a win there? They ain't no McNeese State.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Cdizzle
              Cdizzle commented
              Editing a comment
              Shox sweep. Get on board.

• 1972Shocker
              1972Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              With the way Liam Eddy has been pitching yes I think the Shocks can win 1. If Cody Heuer can command the strike zone maybe they win 2. We'll see.

I'm willing to give this team until the mid-way point of the AAC to make a final judgement. However, even this team manages to have a good year this year (and that remains to be seen) it's hard to have confidence they can sustain it next year and beyond.

And Nebraska lost to northern Colorado tonight which brings additional questions to how good they are...

Comment

I don't think Creighton is near as good as Mizzou. I still have hopes of a series win this weekend.

Comment

LOL, it appears feasting on the sub .500 teams may have elevated our hope a tad bit. Mizzou checked our chins tonight and as Eminem once said, "back to reality".

Comment

This season hinges on going 7- 0 against Creighton, KU and K-State. If we go 7-0 against these clowns, I will be one happy camper because those are my super bowl. I already know what the rest of the season will look like so I might as well focus my energy on those 7 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                    LOL, it appears feasting on the sub .500 teams may have elevated our hope a tad bit. Mizzou checked our chins tonight and as Eminem once said, "back to reality".
                    I'm not sure Mizzou checked our chins tonight as much as we punched ourselves out. This was as much, perhaps more, a game we lost as it was a game we won. Either way it certainly did in inspire any confidence.

Comment

• shockfan89_
                      shockfan89_ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      While I agree with your assessment, I think we have punched ourselves in previous games but the level of competition was low enough that we could overcome the miscues. I don't think there is any doubt that Missouri was a noticeable change in level of ability. Their pitching staff was much better than any we had faced, and their hitters were patient and could hit up and down the line-up.

In other words, we did a lot to beat ourselves, but they also made several mistakes that kept us within 10 runs. That Missouri team probably beats us 3 out of 4 even if we play error free/bonehead free baseball.
                      Last edited by shockfan89_; March 14, 2018, 09:04 AM.

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                    I don't think Creighton is near as good as Mizzou. I still have hopes of a series win this weekend.
                    Uh, how good do you think we are?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

After tonight, I think it's clear we aren't a top 20 team. Although McNesse St did pick up win #5 by beating Houston and UTSA broke their 5 games losing streak by beating 16-1 Texas A&M so anything can happen... And I said "hopes of a series win". If we go 1-3 this week that is going to cast a lot of doubt on how good we are.

Comment

I'll give our boys a break. They were probably awe-struck by all the things to do in Columbia MO

Comment

We dug ourselves a hole early and you can't do that in any sport. Our guys were aggressive till the end and plated some runs, but again, that early deficit hurts. I'm still optimistic.

Comment

• shockfan89_
                          shockfan89_ commented
                          Editing a comment
                          We had 3 hits through 8 innings. The only reason we made it close is Missouri went with a little used pitcher in the 9th inning since they were up 9-1 and have a series at LSU this weekend so they were trying not to use anyone that could pitch this weekend. If they would have gone to one of their 8 relievers with sub 2 ERAs it would have likely ended 9-1. We had almost as many base runners in the 9th inning as we had the entire rest of the game. Not sure we battled as much as they threw out a lower quality pitcher.

We can still have optimism, but so far we look much better against 4-11 teams than against 13-3 teams after one data point. We will get a couple more data points this weekend and hopefully we will look better and the optimism will return.
                      Working...
                      X