Shocker pitcher ruled ineligible for this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker pitcher ruled ineligible for this year

Senior @GoShockersBSB pitcher Tyler Jones has been ruled ineligible this season for violating NCAA rules. The Colwich, Kan., native went 0-2 with a 5.62 ERA in 11 appearances and 16 innings pitched last season. #watchus

Free bagel?

Too bad it isn’t an entire transcript full of fake classes, or a free car or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      Free bagel?

Too bad it isn’t an entire transcript full of fake classes, or a free car or something like that.
      Probably put the whole university on sanctions for him probably getting ramon noodles

Comment

Link?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Link?
          Taylor Eldridge posted it on twitter and a few other local sports reporters did as well

Comment

• WuDrWu
            WuDrWu commented
            Editing a comment
            Many thanks~!

How does that guy become ineligible

Comment

The student-athlete was found in violation of the NCAA eligibility rules and has been declared ineligible.
            The student-athlete was found in violation of the NCAA eligibility rules and has been declared ineligible.

Reading behind the lines I would say he didn’t make grades.

Comment

Is this a big loss? I see he has a three year 6.83 career ERA average with the Shox and hasn't thrown a lot of innings.

Comment

I think he tried to pay a parking ticket with pennies

Comment

Probably not the best thread for this, but does anyone know why Robby Evans is no longer on the team?

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                    Probably not the best thread for this, but does anyone know why Robby Evans is no longer on the team?
                    My guesses are he was either unhappy with his 7 innings of work this season and it wasn't worth the time and effort he was putting in or he was a good friend of Austin Reaves.

Comment

Very sad about this, the young man has been through a lot. Wish him the best.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                        WuDrWu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        To clarify, as I really can't follow what everyone was saying, I am sad that Robbie is no longer on the team. He's been through a lot, especially for a kid/young man, and I hate to see him not finish his career at WSU. That makes me sad for Robbie and his family.

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Very sad about this, the young man has been through a lot. Wish him the best.
                      Are you saying that fans jump to conclusions unfairly ( and often know little of what happens behind the scenes) and sometimes do damage to athletes who deserve better treatment?

Comment

• ShockTalk
                        ShockTalk commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just like some posters, who of course are perfect, do the same to other posters. 1972Shocker is the last person on this board that these posts should have been thrown at. I don't know him personally, but he is the kind of poster who makes this board so much better than 99.9% of the other fan boards out there.

• Shockm
                        Shockm commented
                        Editing a comment
                        While I dont know him, I’m sure that 1972shocker is a person of strong reputation and a fine person. In fact, I suspect he/she would be someone I would be better off knowing.

The main point is that Robby Evans is not anonymous and Shock Talk, Shockm, and 1972Shocker remain anonymous. This is important when dealing with young athletes and we should be cognizant of this when posting. That doesn’t mean we aren’t critical but that we remember that.

Sorry if I brought up something taboo or controversial. I saw his name was removed from the stats and roster and honestly hadn't heard what happened and figured maybe I had just missed the report.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                        1972Shocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You did nothing. I believe the criticisms were directed at me and probably have some validity to them.

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                      Sorry if I brought up something taboo or controversial. I saw his name was removed from the stats and roster and honestly hadn't heard what happened and figured maybe I had just missed the report.
                      You did nothing. I'm just getting tried of sanctimonious types and "safe spaces". This board is a petting zoo compared to most other boards, yet......

Comment

Working...
                      X