No announcement yet.

Shockers @ McNeese State (Game 3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alec Bohm picks of AAC Player of the Week Honors.

WICHITA, Kan. – Wichita State baseball student-athlete Alec Bohm has been named the American Athletic Conference Player of the Week for the opening week of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      Has anybody heard anything about Alex Segal and his status after he came out of game 2?
      Is there some reason for concern that I have missed?

The only thing I recall hearing is that if he did pitch it would be for a very short stint coming off his injury. My guess is he was on a very strict pitch count. He pitched 1.1 innings and threw 19 pitches. My guess is he was on a pitch count limit of around 20 pitches. If he is feeling good this week I would expect that he will get maybe 30 pitches agaisnt Omaha. At least I hope that is the case as he pitched well in his short outing striking out 3 of the 5 batters he faced.

According to Paul Suellentrop prior to the McNeese series:

Lefties Alex Segal, who redshirted last season, and Cody Tyler (4-5, 6.24) are recovering from injury. Segal, Butler said, could throw in relief this weekend as he builds toward more innings. Tyler started his throwing program and his return is scheduled for later this spring.
      Todd Butler is having his initial radio show tonighut at 8:00 so maybe he say something about Alex one way or the other.

And since Alex and Cody along with R-So Keylan Kilgore and R-Fr Trent Allen are the only LHP's on the roster we really do need these guys to come along. Considering that the Shockers used 12 pitchers this weekend including Keylan who faced two batters giving up a hit and a walk and throwing a wild pitch and they didn't use Trent at all we really need Alex and Cody badly.

BTW I am assuming the Coaches knew Tyler Jones was ineligible before they set the 35-man roster but I don't know that for sure. Maybe that's not that big of a deal one way or the other.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 19, 2018, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Based on the brief discussion of Alex on tonights Todd Butler Radio Show it did not sound like there is anything unusual going on with Alex Segal. They are just being careful bringing him back from injury because they have high hopes for him. Said he will pitch more this weekend against Omaha although did not say how much more.

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      Good execution. Not sure if that (squeeze) was the way to go in a game that may require 12 runs, but at least it was executed well.
      Just about nailed it, dizzle, although as it turns out, it only required 11.

I don't know what sort of team McNeese is going to have this year, although they're often pretty good, but if the Shocks score double digits all year this could be a long-awaited fun season. Who knows -- people might even start coming out to the park again.

Comment

• Wuzee
        Wuzee commented
        Editing a comment
        The athletic department sure isn't holding high hopes for increased attendance, nor do they care. It is literally impossible to by a full season ticket for baseball on the GoShockers website. You can only buy flex packs and single game tickets. That's how much they give a crap about the baseball program.

The athletic department sure isn't holding high hopes for increased attendance, nor do they care. It is literally impossible to by a full season ticket for baseball on the GoShockers website. You can only buy flex packs and single game tickets. That's how much they give a crap about the baseball program.
      Before the season started they were selling season tickets on goshockers. It looks like they are trying to stimulate sales by adding additional, flexible options other than season tickets (I'm sure that if you called them, they would hook you up with season tickets). They now have added three additional options to purchase "flex" tickets (package of 10 coupons for game) for either the field box, concourse, or general admission ($79/59/49) - which could be pretty good value (or waste depending how the season unfolds).

Comment

They’re not “additional options” if the season ticket option is not available. Assuming that full season tickets were at one time offered (which I do not believe to be the case, having checked in regularly), why would you remove that option prior to the first game? I do plan to schlep over to campus and get a season ticket, but I really feel like the online ticketing effort is very poor with little to no information available on the site. (Hence your necessary supposition about the reason for the flex packs — maybe try marketing them?)
        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Cdizzle
          Cdizzle commented
          Editing a comment
          I sympathize with things not being easy, and applaud your desire to get season tickets, but I'm also fairly happy they aren't flushing marketing money down the drain on the baseball team right now.

• SB Shock
          SB Shock commented
          Editing a comment
          Season tickets were available earlier because i was checking out prices.

I do agree their ticketing is not up to current day standards. If I buy a ticket, I should be able to buy a ticket (or season ticket) and pick out my seat, not let the computer choose.
      Working...
      X