2018 WSU Baseball Media Love/Hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 WSU Baseball Media Love/Hate

From CollegeBaseballCentral - Is 2018 the Year that Wichita State Breaks Through Again?

Good stuff!

Comment

A lot of hype, deservedly so, around Greyson and Alec but when it comes to how well the Shocks do this year the three most important things are ptiching, pitching and pithing. Hopefully. Coach Steele's boys will be up to the task. If they are then who knows. Maybe the Shock can get moving in the right direction again.

Comment

Hope springs eternal

Comment

Jenista to CF? He hadn't learned how to cover 1/3 of RF when I saw him last Spring. Hopefully he's spent a couple years working on it.

Comment

• shockfan89_
            shockfan89_ commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you thinking of Dugas instead of Jenista? Jenista played 1B last year.

• Cdizzle
            Cdizzle commented
            Editing a comment
            Jenista was the everyday RF the first half of the season.

Though you are partially right, I was projecting some of Ritter's RF performance over the 2nd half of the season on to Jenista.

• shockfan89_
            shockfan89_ commented
            Editing a comment
            My bad! I didn't realize Jenista played so much RF last year. I thought it was just the first few series but it was about the first half of the season...
            Either way, you are correct in remembering that RF has been an adventure much of the past two seasons.
            Last edited by shockfan89_; February 13, 2018, 05:17 PM.

According to a lot of interviews I’ve heard recently by several players and members of the coaching staff, they are feeling zero pressure to perform this year.

Im not sure what that means but at least that excuse is apparently off the table if/when things go south.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 1972Shocker
            1972Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure that is good. I think if you are a competitor you feel pressure to perform every time out. The best guys and gals deal with it and use it to drive themselves.

OTOH, a lot of that could just be saying what they think the press and fans want to hear. Really doesn't matter either way. How they play is the key, not what they say.

• SB Shock
            SB Shock commented
            Editing a comment
            Dugas was on sports daily and said he and the team was feeling pressure to do well.

• 1972Shocker
            1972Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            I could see Dayton, in particular, perhaps feeling pressure. There was a lot of fan fare surrounding his signing based on his athleticism, size and strength. However, if anyone has underpeformed to date it has been Dayton. Would love to see him figure things out but not much in his first two years to hand your hat on. But I always am hoping to see another Brett Bascue metamorphisis.

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          "...but with what he’s already accomplished at WSU and with his previous stint as the pitching coach at Long Beach State, Steele is considered one of the best in the game at what he does, giving the team reason for optimism on the mound, even with the attrition.”

Wait, what? Considered by whom?

It is going to take a real magician to come up with a pitching staff from virtually no retuning quality starting pitchers.

Two good position players plus 3-4 decent role players does not a good team make. That article mentions "retuning veterans" by name who batted under .230. Really?

As long as Butler is running the program, I maintain zero optimism.
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Good article. Thanks for the share.

Comment

Working...
            X