Colorado State - Larry Eustachy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado State - Larry Eustachy

Former AD recommended he be fired for abuse.

There is no doubt we're going to see more and more of this as time goes on. Perhaps since we've already had to deal with it with Jody, we'll get a pass for the next 25+ years, knock on wood.

Gone are the days of guys like Coach Knight being able to throw a chair.

Comment

This sounds like the FORMER AD has an axe to grind with CSU or with coach Eustachy. Why bring this up 3 years later otherwise?
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

At least he threw unopened soda cans and not Natty Light

Comment

A coach calling players names? I had many that did that. We called it coaching. If that is the standard for abuse these days then their are a lot of abusive coaches around.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post
            A coach calling players names? I had many that did that. We called it coaching. If that is the standard for abuse these days then their are a lot of abusive coaches around.
            That's kind of my point. The trend line is that any negative actions or resulting mental anguish will be seen as abuse, and the kids know this. It will become more prevalent, not less.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post
              It depends on what was said and how. With many things you could say he was just trying to get a point across, but there is such a thing as going to far. I would characterize calling a young man a "f***ing c**t" as inappropriate especially when you have a responsibility to develop that young man as both a person and a player. Its not setting a good example for those in your charge.
              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

As a young freshman at WSU, I had a part-time job with the city park department. One day I was leaning on my shovel being an exemplary public employee watching a colleague dig a hole. The forman walked up to the gang of us, looked directly at ME and said "I bet your mommy still makes your bed everyday." I never again had to be told to work hard again. Life lesson learned. Insulting, yes, but also motivational. I guess I should have complained he hurt my feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  That's kind of my point. The trend line is that any negative actions or resulting mental anguish will be seen as abuse, and the kids know this. It will become more prevalent, not less.
                  I agree completely. Really don't like the direction society is headed in this case.

Comment

I really don't like the direction society is headed in all cases.

Comment

"I don't think that man is what he is because of an imperfectly structured society, but rather that society is imperfectly structured because of the nature of man." - Stanley Kubrick
                      I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                      If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Working...
                      X