No announcement yet.

Andrew Wiggins What???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps I shouldn't have even brought this article up. It's just after the t-shirt debacle St. Louis...then the article reading like KU was already a national champion...I was obviously somewhat bothered by it stating that the National Championship was already won.

On a side note. Back in '93 when the Jordan Bulls were playing the Barkley Suns for the NBA Championship....a national gatorade/ or McDonalds commercial was made prior to the 7 game series even started. It leaked....and the commercial was all about the Bulls winning the Championship series. Lol Not that big of deal these days...but back then a lot of people took exception to it saying the series was fixed and so on.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

The "TShirt debacle" was a display of incompetence/disorganization/miscommunication. Poor attributes for MVC officials to display, but nothing related to an intentional "dis" on WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
        The "TShirt debacle" was a display of incompetence/disorganization/miscommunication. Poor attributes for MVC officials to display, but nothing related to an intentional "dis" on WSU.
        Yep.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          No, everything you said was 100% factual. I read the thread and immediately realized the same thing you did. I think almost everyone did, or would have if they read it. To me, it just didn't need to be said, but you felt the need to reply, and that's fine, it's a free world and your prerogative. I was just pointing out that when a BCS type program is maligned here, you do seem to have a recent propensity for eliminating misunderstandings in what I would describe as lightning quick efficiency.
          Bingo.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

As to Wiggins...his stats look an awful lot like Cle's.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Since this thread is about Andrew Wiggins, he misses out on the Big 12 player of the year award.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                Since this thread is about Andrew Wiggins, he misses out on the Big 12 player of the year award.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...er-of-the-year
                Are you absolutely sure that it was this thread being about him that caused Wiggins to miss out on B12 player of the year?
                The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock View Post
                  Are you absolutely sure that it was this thread being about him that caused Wiggins to miss out on B12 player of the year?
                  Funny stuff, right there.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    As to Wiggins...his stats look an awful lot like Cle's.
                    Except it takes him an extra 5 mpg to do it ;)
                    Originally posted by BleacherReport
                    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                      Man - NBC is now a "hater". Maybe they always have been...but reading their latest bracket projections they got ALL 3 BLUE-BLODDS in the same bracket as our Shocks. Plus teams we've already played this season. LOL NBC....

Their Midwest bracket has Kansas, Duke, and Kentucky all in OUR bracket. PLUS....Tennessee, St. Louis and NC Central who we've already played. LOL NBC....who there is a Kansas alumni predicting and publishing that bracket???? Ha=ha=ha.... Jayhawk fingerprints all over that article. Lol
                      I've seen Kentucky in our bracket in almost every mock bracket I've seen. There's an extremely good chance they'll be in the 8/9 game to match up against us.

Kansas will likely be in our bracket as well. I don't know about Duke.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                      X