Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

65-7 makes it sound closer than it was.

Comment

Is that for real? I didn't watch at all, but in a group text my friends were making it sound ridiculous early on. I'm not sure if they just stopped texting about the game or if they all stopped watching.

Never would have imagined it got that out of hand.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Let's put it this way. Georgia scored on 10 of 12 possessions. The other two was a punt to start the 3rd and kneeling to end the game, and they could have scored on that possession if they wanted.

And they weren't trying to run up the score. I am not sure if they threw a pass in the 4th.

Comment

I gave up at 31-7. Good decision it seems.
          Go Shocks!

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

So this tragedy occurred a few hours ago:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-die-car-crash

That's a Georgia football player (a sophomore lineman) and a recruiting coordinator both died in a car crash around 245 am.

Of course it's an unspeakable tragedy. At least 2 others were injured.

Let's step back for a minute though and ask a couple of questions.....what is a recruiting coordinator doing with a player at 3 in the morning?

That's a question I asked, so I searched for Chandler LeCroy. Imagine my surprise when I discovered Chander is a young woman. And surprise of all surprises, she's not listed on the 3 plus internet pages of Georgia football coaching and support staff on the Bulldogs website.

I suppose it's possible they decided to scrub her name from the website after her death, but before noon on Sunday? And if so, why?

I love ESPN. ZERO mention of anything questionable. NO mention of cause (any chance alcohol was involved?) which would seem a basic inquiry when young people die in a car crash.

I don't know what is going on at Georgia, but something stinks, and I'm not saying it doesn't go on at many if not most Universities, but it is amazing what passes for acceptable these days.

If something less than above ground was in fact going on, and that was my daughter, I'd sue Kirby Smart, Bulldog Athletics and the U of G out of ****ing existence.

There are few, if any, fans of athletics in general that have more passion than I, but I am SO tired of things like this occurring. And even worse, watching so few people care and others dismiss it.
              Last edited by WuDrWu; January 15, 2023, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                So this tragedy occurred a few hours ago:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-die-car-crash

That's a Georgia football player (a sophomore lineman) and a recruiting coordinator both died in a car crash around 245 am.

Of course it's an unspeakable tragedy. At least 2 others were injured.

Let's step back for a minute though and ask a couple of questions.....what is a recruiting coordinator doing with a player at 3 in the morning?

That's a question I asked, so I searched for Chandler LeCroy. Imagine my surprise when I discovered Chander is a young woman. And surprise of all surprises, she's not listed on the 3 plus internet pages of Georgia football coaching and support staff on the Bulldogs website.

I suppose it's possible they decided to scrub her name from the website after her death, but before noon on Sunday? And if so, why?

I love ESPN. ZERO mention of anything questionable. NO mention of cause (any chance alcohol was involved?) which would seem a basic inquiry when young people die in a car crash.

I don't know what is going on at Georgia, but something stinks, and I'm not saying it doesn't go on at many if not most Universities, but it is amazing what passes for acceptable these days.

If something less than above ground was in fact going on, and that was my daughter, I'd sue Kirby Smart, Bulldog Athletics and the U of G out of ****ing existence.

There are few, if any, fans of athletics in general that have more passion than I, but I am SO tired of things like this occurring. And even worse, watching so few people care and others dismiss it.
                When you messaged me about this, I was like you and just figured that Chandler was a guy, so I too was surprised to see that Chandler was a young woman. Something smells extremely awful here.
                78-65

Comment

I wish they were both still here, safe and sound, and that no one was injured.

That being said, it's not out of line to ask the question what was a young woman, described by HCKS at Georgia as a recruiting staffer, a staffer not listed on the multiple pages of football support staff on the Georgia Athletics website, doing out at 3am with current members of the team.

I get they could be partying like college kids do. No problem there. I'm more curious what her "job" was as a staffer. Because, yeah, something doesn't smell fresh here. And I don't mean to denigrate the memory of those lost. I want to know what Kirby is doing at Georgia.

Comment

They now call hosts or hostesses “recruiting staffers”. They are all part time grad student type jobs. The terms hosts or hostesses was phased out most all places but not sure when. Almost always used for football, occasionally basketball.

Comment

• University of Georgia athletic association said personal use of the SUV that was involved in a crash that killed a football player and employee was "strictly prohibited."

Again, beyond tragic. That being said, there is a lot more to uncover here, if and when anyone wants to ask tough questions, and of course then be cancelled for having insufficient compassion while Georgia cheats it's ass off.

Comment

• More details about Georgia's cheating were released today.

Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• As I suspected (and said) when it happened, this is completely filthy.

And the student athletes are as culpable as the coaches and admins, but we do (and should) expect more from the adults.

We also expect more from our judicial system. A guy drives drunk, kills 2 and maims a 3rd, and he get a year probation. I had someone who worked for me who drove on a suspended license (to work and to take her child to day care) and got 3 years probation and a $2000 fine. No one was hurt.

Georgia hired girls to basically pimp out. There's no other way to describe it. They did it with school funds. They profited from the practice.

They are suing for $2 million? How about 2 billion?

College athletics, certainly football, has nothing to do with college anymore. The pro game is FAR more organized, disciplined and accountable.

Dan I think has nailed it.

Comment

Working...
                          X