No announcement yet.

Britney Griner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I generally use my own words. What specifically do you want from me?

I've not ever hidden the fact that I'm more of a libertarian in my views.

Most liberals (in the modern, not classical sense) would laugh at me being called very liberal. For one, I believe in a very small federal government, which these days, neither self professed liberals or self professed conservatives find to be important. Though conservatives will often talk about smaller government, and then go on and expand different areas of government than liberals like to expand which just creates a massive/bloated federal government that most people hate.

So, if believing in small government and individual liberties, as long as you're not infringing on other peoples rights, makes me very liberal, then so be it. I disagree, but we can do that here.

I do acknowledge that most on this board don't believe in individual liberties to the same degree as I and that's fine. Some of you want more government control than I do. That's fine. Some of you want bigger and more prisons while I want to eliminate laws that put people in jail for not harming a soul. That's fine. We simply won't agree.

With that said, and in regards to Griner and others, the US government should do whatever they can to help American citizens in foreign countries who are being held for trumped up charges for political reasons. If an American goes and kills someone in a foreign land, they made their bed. Someone who has CBD oil with them and is being used, should absolutely have the weight of the US government behind them. And not only if they're famous.

I still stand by everything I said previously too.

The US should free foreign nationals being held in prison for non-violent drug charges. I would think that is pretty easy to understand and shouldn't need further explanation.

I would be okay with the US freeing some violent foreign nationals if their home country was willing to take them back. I'm not talking about serial killers or anything like that. We waste way too much money incarcerating people in this country, and much of it is for non-violent crime. We're over taxed and the gov't over spends in a number of areas, and incarceration is one of them. We have too many stupid ass laws that put people away and destroy families and individual lives for stupid ass reasons. We brag about being a free country, then we house the largest percentage of incarcerated individuals on the planet. Something doesn't add up.

Again, if you need my specific thoughts on something, tell me what that something is and I'll be more than happy to share and clarify. I thought my above points were pretty straight forward, and going back and reading them again I still feel that way. So I'm not sure where you're unsure about what I've said previously, but I'll tell you my thoughts if you let me know where the confusion lies.

Same goes for MVJ if he needs clarification on something. I was just really confused how he took my thoughts on a small section of things and broadened it into some strange stance that I have never made. Which is why I mentioned you, as we've had some differences in the past where you've taken things I or others have said and seemed to come to a grander conclusion of what our beliefs are that were never mentioned or said. Or in a couple of cases, the opposite of what's been said. That part was tongue in cheek and not meant in some major negative way, and if it came across that way, which I could possibly see depending on how one reads these things, I apologize for that. It was said in jest with no hard feelings.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

My opinion on this comes from my own experiences of traveling abroad and knowing the consequences. You simply don't travel abroad carrying anything that could even be considered contraband. And if you do, there is little that can be done to bring you back to the US. Sure, some countries are much more accommodating than others, that has never been the case with Russia. The war doesn't help, but it isn't all politics and its a lot of stupidity on her part.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Don't let her back in! I think she's a witch!

How do I know? She looks like one!

Aaand, she's dressed like one!

And she turned me into a newt.

I got better.

Is she heavier than a duck? Buuuuuurn her!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
        X