This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support Kansas

Root for KU on Monday. Of course a championship is nice, beating that Crook Calipari would be special as well, but maintaining their dominance in the state of Kansas in basketball is most important!

LOL
    In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
      Root for KU on Monday. Of course a championship is nice, beating that Crook Calipari would be special as well, but maintaining their dominance in the state of Kansas in basketball is most important!
      F-KU I will not even watch.
      An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

It must feel good to be able sport all your jayhawk blue in public for a change Kc.

Comment

Why would a shocker fan ever respect a team that has no respect for the shockers. No respect for women(google the long list of KU players arrested for beating women.) And is one of our oldest most hated rivals. Just because KU chooses to act like we don't exist or matter. Is no reason a Shocker fan should ever stop having class and root for the least classiest program in the country. The real counsel here KC is that you stop being a shocker fan.
          "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
          CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

A week ago Nick Wright 610 radio said KU cheats. I dont know if its true and I thought he would get a lot of flack for saying this but very little was said. He basically stated that any top team cheats. This was in reference to the statements that KSU's Frank Martin said about paying players.
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

There is no need to root for KU. They are already 2012 National Champs. At least they will be as soon as Calipari leaves for the NBA and Kentucky has to vacate the championship...
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                A week ago Nick Wright 610 radio said KU cheats. I dont know if its true and I thought he would get a lot of flack for saying this but very little was said. He basically stated that any top team cheats. This was in reference to the statements that KSU's Frank Martin said about paying players.
                Per my conversations with a close friend that was on the team under Roy, this is true. I can't say to what extent it occurred nor can I say that it doesn't happen at WSU, but if your boosters are smart enough to not send a wire transfer, I don't think it's too hard.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Hey KC Shox. Is this your ploy for an April Fools joke?
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                    There is no need to root for KU. They are already 2012 National Champs. At least they will be as soon as Calipari leaves for the NBA and Kentucky has to vacate the championship...
                    Haha!
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I don't care one way or another. I don't abhor Bill Self as I did Roy Williams. And most of their players seem like pretty good kids. I mean, how could you not feel for what Thomas Robinson has gone through.

The thing that makes me hate KU is the freaking fans. They are either 1.)Arrogant Snobs, 2.)Bandwagon fans that couldn't tell you who they beat yesterday when it's December, but will be in force on Monday, or 3.)Fans that root for them because they are from Kansas. You don't ever hear from the fans in segment 3, so you are left having 1 and 2 be your main source of interaction with KU fans, giving you your basis for the obvious stereotype.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

i always believed that if you were a loyal shocker fan, that you were to hate the beakers.

no exceptions.

i like johnny clam-chowda a lot more when he was at memphis, but i'm gonna have to cheer for the dirtbag monday night, or cheer for nobody at all.

Comment

Excuse me - but I take offense to your post! I am a graduate of the University of Kansas 92 and Wichita State MA 02. I have been to 98% of all home Shocker Games for the past 16 years! And many on the road. Our family goes to St. Louis every year! I was in Greensboro and Portland!
                          While an undergraduate at KU I never missed a game - was in the first 4 rows of students behind the bench. I try to get to Lawrence for a game once or twice a year! You can love both schools/programs! It is possible. That being said - WSU advancing in the Tournament would be more meaningful to me as a fan! But I cheered my heart out last night for my first alma mater!
                          But don't you dare tell me I'm not a true Shocker Fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Ksedg View Post
                            Excuse me - but I take offense to your post! I am a graduate of the University of Kansas 92 and Wichita State MA 02. I have been to 98% of all home Shocker Games for the past 16 years! And many on the road. Our family goes to St. Louis every year! I was in Greensboro and Portland!
                            While an undergraduate at KU I never missed a game - was in the first 4 rows of students behind the bench. I try to get to Lawrence for a game once or twice a year! You can love both schools/programs! It is possible. That being said - WSU advancing in the Tournament would be more meaningful to me as a fan! But I cheered my heart out last night for my first alma mater!
                            But don't you dare tell me I'm not a true Shocker Fan!
                            Fan bigamy, always an interesting topic. Can you be a fan of both the Red Sox, cause you grew up in New England, and the Yankees because you now work in New York? Can you be a fan of the Cubs and the White Sox? Do KU fans hope K-State does well?
                            My humble opinion is no.

Would part of the definition of a "true" Shocker fan be that they don't ever root for KU?

My brother graduated from KU law school, asked me if he could get any KU love for the younger brother, my answer, 'NO!"

Here is why a Shocker fan should root for UK; it denies KU a national title, and UK will have to give it back in a few years anyway! :)

Comment

Having not lived in Kansas for quite some time, I have no particular reason to like or dislike KU fans since I rarely come into contact with them nor do I have any desire to venture upon their board. Those I have met in other states or overseas, actually for the most part, have even resembled human beings after have been away from the environment of KU for a few years or more.

Ksedg, and others like him who support the Shocks and KU at the same time have proven their loyalty in my book.

With me, it has never been their fans. Fans at nearly all schools fall into the various categories of, very reasonable, average, and rump holes.

Concerning Kansas University, it is simply the institution, that I look on with contempt, consider worthless, and thoroughly despise.

Comment

Working...
                              X