The Church of Woke is Getting Ready to Burn Greg McDermott at the Stake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Church of Woke is Getting Ready to Burn Greg McDermott at the Stake

For racially insensitive comments he made following a loss to Xavier.

Greg McDermott suspended by Creighton after racially insensitive comments (espn.com)

The insensitive comment in question:

"Guys, we got to stick together. We need both feet in. I need everybody to stay on the plantation. I can't have anybody leave the plantation."

Ok, I get it, "plantation" is pretty dumb thing to reference when speaking to your team but he obviously he meant to say something along the lines of, "Guys stick together, don't jump ship, I need everybody on the ship" but was probably frustrated and emotional following a tough loss and just had a brain fart.

As much as I hate Creighton and want to laugh a little, you hate to see this happen to a guy when it's pretty clear it was an honest mistake and poor choice of words. It shouldn't have even have left the locker room. It should just be, "Hey guys, I'm sorry. That was a poor choice of words. This is what I meant..."

But no, let's tarnish his reputation and potentially ruin his career over a dumb mistake. The guy freaking offered to resign over this to atone for his sin and to appease the woke mob but fortunately for him they are just suspending him, and that IMO is still overboard.

I’m a know Creighton hater but this is absurd. And has the same weight as the crap Marshall had to go through. Two great coaches are having their reputations slandered over simple mistakes. Whatever happened allowing a man to apologize and be given forgiveness.

Comment

Coach is doing EVERYTHING to wear it, and they're still out for blood.

Yet somehow Wet Ass ***** is the song of the year.

Our societal priorities are so skewed it's beyond pitiful.

Comment

It’s such a buzzkill. Rather going after actual racism and injustice, our society has devolved into virtue-signaling busybodies, ever ready to pounce on the slightest offens. Everybody is turning into the HR department.

Comment

I was taught growing up that racist and racism were synonymous with hate in your heart and that hate always accompanied those beliefs. Apparently no more, as good people are being taken down for any misstep they may make.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Our societal priorities are so skewed it's beyond pitiful.
            2021, my friend.
            Last edited by Shock Top; March 6, 2021, 12:33 AM.
            The Assman

Comment

Les Miles possibly out at KU due to indiscretions a decade ago at LSU...allegedly kissing and trying to seduce female interns. The LSU administration dealt with it and issued strict warnings at the time. The issue was then buried but was dredged up recently. Will be interesting to see if Jeff long, the AD who hired him and his old friend from their football days together in Michigan, throws Miles under the bus. He has already put Miles on administrative leave.

The media seems to be jumping all over this sad state of affairs much like it did with Greg Marshall.

Comment

It is so easy to say something dumb. I doubt there was any intent to harm by Greg McDermont. He apologized right away and his team wants him to coach them. PC running amok.

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
                  Les Miles possibly out at KU due to indiscretions a decade ago at LSU...allegedly kissing and trying to seduce female interns. The LSU administration dealt with it and issued strict warnings at the time. The issue was then buried but was dredged up recently. Will be interesting to see if Jeff long, the AD who hired him and his old friend from their football days together in Michigan, throws Miles under the bus. He has already put Miles on administrative leave.

The media seems to be jumping all over this sad state of affairs much like it did with Greg Marshall.
                  Looks like KU is trying to fire another losing football coach "for cause". KC Star said both Miles and Long should be fired.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Miles officially thrown under the bus and fired today by KU's not too competent AD. Did it in all likelihood to protect himself. Have no idea as to the details of the buyout but suspect the university is running out of money for football coaching staff after several successive buyouts in 10 years.

Comment

I think you're right. Just a convenient way to get out of the situation. Les Miles should just put it back on the them and claim he was sexually harassed by Long and Bill Self. Now that would create a juicy headline for ESPN plus his claim would be just as credible as his accusers and people throwing him under the bus.

Comment

Also, just as predictable, are the public attention spans of a gnat moving from one story to the next. FHCGM already being tossed around by fan bases to replace "fill in the blank" as their coach next year.

Of course, we all know Goodnuts won't let this die.

Comment

The McDermott issue is silly and should have been long in the rearview mirror.

Miles, maybe because I never liked him, I have mixed feelings over.

Comment

Have I missed something, or has Miles been let go for something that happened 8 years ago at LSU and was dealt with then? Has something happened at KU that I've missed?
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              Have I missed something, or has Miles been let go for something that happened 8 years ago at LSU and was dealt with then? Has something happened at KU that I've missed?
                              Welcome to the world of "Left."

Comment

Working...
                              X