No announcement yet.

Nebraska willing to play against a blizzard only if they have to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Nebraska really, really wants to play, the B1G punished them with both tOSU and Penn State as their out of division games.

Of the three frontrunner in the west, Iowa faces only Penn State, while Minnesota and Wisconsin play neither tOSU or Penn State.

Someday, Nebraska may learn that when you fight the conference, the conference wins.
    Last edited by MoValley John; September 19, 2020, 10:25 AM.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I think there are still a lot of delusional football fans in Nebraska. Kansas has some of the same problems but they stem from basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
        I think there are still a lot of delusional football fans in Nebraska. Kansas has some of the same problems but they stem from basketball.
        I dont know about outside of Omaha, but within Omaha, I'd say Nebraska football is nowhere near the rabid, delusional fan base it used to be. A very large percentage have accepted that Nebraska will never again be what it used to be. People still watch, are still fans, want to see them play, but the city no longer shuts down on Saturday.

When I moved to Omaha in 94, there was nobody on the streets during games, it was the best time to get your hair cut or go to the store. Hell, you could walk on to a golf course on a football Saturday, that isn't true today. Life has sort of moved on.

My guess is Lincoln hasn't changed, nor any of the rest of the state, but Omaha has. While there are still a lots and lots of fans in Omaha, most are tempered and understand it will never be the same. The shine has worn off.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
        X