No announcement yet.

Will KU football hurt KU basketball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the flagship has agreed to pay former FB coach Beatty 2.55 million in his lawsuit for his original buyout of 3 Mil. A Kansas judge allowed Beatty's lawyers to continue to gather information which would have opened up testimony about Adidas Glassinola's relationships to ku as well as open more exposure of the flagshiip to the ncaa. I'm sure their atty fees have amounted to more than the .45 mil savings they made and opened up a lot of things that they wish they hadn't. But hey if you think of yourself as they do then you get the feeling that you are bullet proof in all that you do. Let's hope the ncaa see's this for what it was and judges them accordingly in it's next big battle to remain a player on a national scale.

Comment

Q. How do you keep Jayhawks out of your yard?

A. Put up a goal-post!

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
        Looks like the flagship has agreed to pay former FB coach Beatty 2.55 million in his lawsuit for his original buyout of 3 Mil. A Kansas judge allowed Beatty's lawyers to continue to gather information which would have opened up testimony about Adidas Glassinola's relationships to ku as well as open more exposure of the flagshiip to the ncaa. I'm sure their atty fees have amounted to more than the .45 mil savings they made and opened up a lot of things that they wish they hadn't. But hey if you think of yourself as they do then you get the feeling that you are bullet proof in all that you do. Let's hope the ncaa see's this for what it was and judges them accordingly in it's next big battle to remain a player on a national scale.
        Ultimately, isn't it Kansas tax payers and students paying their attorneys?
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

It depends which pocket they fish it out of. Since it is an athletic debt they could take it fromthe athletic budget or the Williams fund.

Comment

It depends which pocket they fish it out of. Since it is an athletic debt they could take it fromthe athletic budget or the Williams fund.
            Oh true!
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Q. What do you get if you cross a groundhog with a Kansas football player?

A. Six more years of bad football.

Comment

Originally posted by Napoleon Dynamite View Post
                Q. What do you get if you cross a groundhog with a Kansas football player?

A. Six more years of bad football.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I watched both KU and KSU today. Then again, I have a hamstring injury, can't walk and there was nothing else I could do.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

You could have watched the Hallmark channel. At least you know that at the end orchestral music happens and someone gets kissed.

Comment

Guys, up in the middle of the night looking for cheap HDPE plastic lumber and found a few possibilities...that is the good news. Now for the bad...very little possibility of KU winning another game this season,. Figured this season would be rock bottom, next year maybe a little bit better as the roster is filled with a higher ratio of HS recruits to JUCO recruits. At least 2 more years before KU approach's something akin to the level of "mediocre" ....

Comment

Was explaining to one of their fans last night how KU could of cursed their football team. The reaction was priceless and undisputed. Here is my curse theory:

KU hired Lew Perkins as their AD in 2003. The hire was seen as a insult/baffling to a lot of people in the Wichita, Hutchinson area. Lew Perkins was the WSU AD that canceled WSU football. While his hire baffled a lot of people in central Kansas, KU some how enjoyed more football success than ever during his tenure. The moment he left KU, they hit rock bottom and were/still are the worst team in the nation with no hope in sight. Sounds like curse to me, just sayin

Comment

You could have watched the Hallmark channel. At least you know that at the end orchestral music happens and someone gets kissed.
                          I think there are as many Hallmark channels now as there are sports channels.

I live with 3 adult women and 2 teenage girls and one of the channels is on at all times, and at least 5 recorded programs.

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post

I think there are as many Hallmark channels now as there are sports channels.

I live with 3 adult women and 2 teenage girls and one of the channels is on at all times, and at least 5 recorded programs.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

hallmark-christmas-movie-plot-generator.jpg
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                                Was explaining to one of their fans last night how KU could of cursed their football team. The reaction was priceless and undisputed. Here is my curse theory:

KU hired Lew Perkins as their AD in 2003. The hire was seen as a insult/baffling to a lot of people in the Wichita, Hutchinson area. Lew Perkins was the WSU AD that canceled WSU football. While his hire baffled a lot of people in central Kansas, KU some how enjoyed more football success than ever during his tenure. The moment he left KU, they hit rock bottom and were/still are the worst team in the nation with no hope in sight. Sounds like curse to me, just sayin
                                The curse isn't Lew Perkins. The curse is Mark Mangino.

I was told by someone who knew Lew Perkins well at KU (many here would know the name) that Perkins and Mangino HATED each other. If 2007 had not gone well, Mangino was probably out. I asked the person, "As weird as it sounds, did the Orange Bowl season make Lew Perkins mad because he knew he couldn't fire Mangino?" The answer was a resounding YES. Finally, in 2009, with a 5-0 start ending in a 5-7 bowl-less season, Perkins had the ammunition to fire Mangino...but of course we all knew how that turned out. Perkins hired Turner Gill, who was terrible...and it went downhill ever since. By the way, Lew Perkins didn't exact leave under stellar circumstances either with the FBI ticket scandal happening during his tenure and also an issue with Perkins giving premium basketball tickets in exchange for personal home exercise equipment.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X