Avery Johnson, Alabama negotiating buyout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avery Johnson, Alabama negotiating buyout

The Avery Johnson era appears to be nearing an end at the University of Alabama.

The school and Johnson are currently negotiating a buyout for what would be a mutually agreed upon parting of ways, AL.com learned Thursday night. The discussions remain active a day after the Crimson Tide season ended in the NIT.

Johnson said on Wednesday he had met with Alabama athletics director Greg Byrne on Saturday and discussed the future of the program. That was before losing 80-79 to Norfolk State after which an opposing player noted a lack of energy in Alabama’s warmups

Funny how 2 schools that wanted Marshall and hired other coaches are looking for coaches again.- UCLA and Alabama. As some people said back then, the grass is not always greener somewhere else. If Marshall had taken one of those jobs, he might be looking for work today instead of playing in the NIT.

Comment

I still think that whole saga of Bama trying to land Marshall was strange.. Texas and UCLA were supposed to be the front runners, they end up not being as interested in the end and end up going for other coaches on the market and then here comes bama out of no where with truck loads of cash? Lol. I get that they have that kind of cash, but not being a basketball school what so ever and having Nick Saban already on their campus made their offer seem ridiculous. They were willing to pay Marshall, but he would of had to win a national championship to keep them happy. He was wise to stay put

Comment

The former NBA player made some progress during his time, but the school has decided to go in a new direction.

Comment

It always amazes me how schools with no tradition to speak of fire coaches who at least improved their situations. Avery Johnson deserved more of a chance to prove himself in my opinion.

Comment

No reference to Wichita State for the mention of Coach Forbes. Rivals sucks...
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
            X