New Schools Named in FBI Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Schools Named in FBI Investigation

As expected, chicken hawks were named...

No one could have seen this coming.

Comment

So the newest 3 posts on phog.net include a topic on Wichita State's roster and a topic about their cheating. You couldn't sum up KU fans better if you tried.

Comment

• Shock Top
        Shock Top commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn, if WSU’s roster was the result of cheating, they sure didn’t do a good job at it.

The last bastion of all that is ethical and good in college basketball?!?!

Say it ain’t so?!?!?!
      The Assman

Comment

Apparently the player in question is Josh Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by Slykryck View Post
          As expected, chicken hawks were named...

What other schools were named?

Comment

• im4wsu
            im4wsu commented
            Editing a comment
            Louisville, NC State, Miami and Kansas. Involving families of six players.

NC State
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

If rug head’s name pops up i would love for them to get the death penalty. One can dream, cant he?
            Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

"It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I guess I am missing something here. The articles says there are new charges against the apparel company executives and others for defrauding 4 NCAA schools. That reads more like they are framing the schools as being victims. I did'nt see anything about schools being charged.

Obviously the schools might have to vacate some wins from the games in which the ineligible players participated. But not sure this particular headline is a big deal. Now if they find out and prove that the schools/coaches were aware of what was happening it could get interesting.

Comment

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• DUShock
                    DUShock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A much different headline than a few months ago. <rolls eyes>

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  I guess I am missing something here. The articles says there are new charges against the apparel company executives and others for defrauding 4 NCAA schools. That reads more like they are framing the schools as being victims. I did'nt see anything about schools being charged.

Obviously the schools might have to vacate some wins from the games in which the ineligible players participated. But not sure this particular headline is a big deal. Now if they find out and prove that the schools/coaches were aware of what was happening it could get interesting.
                  No doubt KU was a victim. They couldn't be at fault. The announced charges got Louisville who fired their head coach over it but these charges didn't affect Arizona or Auburn who fired their Asst. basketball Coach because of being exposed by the scandal.
                  Last edited by Shockm; April 10, 2018, 07:18 PM.

Comment

I also wonder what NCSU player was involved. Is it the current coaching staff just hired last year or was it the year prior.

Comment

• Sam Axe
                      Sam Axe commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Dennis Smith, Jr. who is now with the Mavs

I expect literally nothing to come of this. Similar to what a lot of us said about Fred. How would WSU know an agent may or may not have paid him $1,000? No way WSU could monitor that. I realize it's a little different since Kansas does have an Adidas contract, but I guarantee that the NCAA treats the two essentially the same. KU/Louisville/Arizona, etc could not have known Adidas paid huge sums of cash to players' families. Adidas won't be considered a booster, and on we go.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                      I expect literally nothing to come of this. Similar to what a lot of us said about Fred. How would WSU know an agent may or may not have paid him $1,000? No way WSU could monitor that. I realize it's a little different since Kansas does have an Adidas contract, but I guarantee that the NCAA treats the two essentially the same. KU/Louisville/Arizona, etc could not have known Adidas paid huge sums of cash to players' families. Adidas won't be considered a booster, and on we go.
                      Why did Coaches from Louisville, Auburn, and Arizona get fired then? Where did the story regarding Zona’s Head Coach being recorded wanting payments to come through him? If nothing happened, FBI and media heads should roll.

Comment

Working...
                      X