X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More trouble in Larryville

https://kuathletics.com/news/2019/2/...Fne57fpF_Y_iOw Vick taking leave of absence from K-who
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

What, the coaches send him home to burn old financial records before they get subpoenaed?
    Kung Wu say: "If Chuck Norris had a coach, his name would be Gregg Marshall."

Comment

• kcshocker11
      kcshocker11 commented
      Editing a comment
      lol

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      That's hilarious.

Lots of thoughts on the KU message board that there's cancer, and it's metastasized and spread from the locker room to the coach's office.

Also, from phog.net
    JayhawksFan09 said... (original post)

Nit sure ive seen a leave of absence for a college player before..?

It’s code for “the head coach ran him off, gave away his number, then got soft in the off-season to let him back, but now can’t take it anymore”.

The press release was going for brevity, though.
    Last edited by Aargh; February 8th, 2019, 11:51 AM.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Totally unrelated but thinking out loud...I can’t help but laugh that they went after the Lawson’s and got them and now they suck turns out maybe everybody should have just listened to Tubby.

Comment

• Aargh
        Aargh commented
        Editing a comment
        The Lawsons were a bargain. Only costs $80,000 a year (I think) for the both of them. That's below the going rate in Larryville.

That board, although they say otherwise, is a screaming example of innuendos and inaccurate theories gone wild.

Comment

Gonna be poetic if it’s KSU that ends the streak

Comment

Someone should drive up to Lawrence in a vehicle with a megaphone on top and blast “NO ONE FEELS BAD FOR YOU” on a loop and drive through town for days

Comment

• Shocker Mama
            Shocker Mama commented
            Editing a comment
            Even better if the car being driven is dead Grandma’s Dodge Charger.

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          That board, although they say otherwise, is a screaming example of innuendos and inaccurate theories gone wild.

Comment

Unlike our forum sometimes

Comment

Talked to a kwho fan and he felt they should have never let him come back. Glad he is gone and hopes he stays home. It’s not like he was going to miss any school

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                WSUwatcher commented
                Editing a comment
                Any what, pogo? Vick should have gone to UNC where he wouldn't have needed to show up in class and might have ended up with a degree anyway.

I saw a sign on TV at the KU-KState game of "Adidas wants a refund".
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ge-basketball/

Comment

• kcshocker11
                  kcshocker11 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They should!

Kansas fears formal NCAA investigation stemming from FBI case involving college basketball

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ge-basketball/

Comment

I saw this coming the moment DeSousa's appeal was denied and the NCAA identified Gassnola as a KU booster. That COMPLETELY changed everything.

The way I read the article, it appears the NCAA would only accept an appeal of DeSousa's suspension if KU listed Gassnola as a booster. KU tried to do that and claim it was only hypothetical. The NCAA came back and identified Gassnola not only as a booster, but also as an agent of the university. The basic definition of an agent is someone acting on behalf of another party.

If Gassnola is an agent of KU, then he was acting under the instruction and at the bidding of the university. That opens up an institutional control issue.

Is it possible the NCAA might throw KU under the bus as a warning to the rest of the bluebloods? If the NCAA can come out looking like they actually enforce their rules "equitably" and at the same time protect all their other cash cows, that might look like an attractive route for them to explore.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                    ShockingButTrue commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It seems.

They'd hate to lose that big March Madness contract...

Poetic for it to be the school that claims it invented basketball to be the one that gets made an example of

Comment

• WstateU
                    WstateU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’ll have to see it to believe it; figure they’ll get off with a little slap on the wrist.

• Dave Stalwart
                    Dave Stalwart commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There’s also something very contradictory about winning that many titles in a row and immediately crumbling to pieces when the truth comes out. Is everyone really supposed to respect that streak?

• pie n eye
                    pie n eye commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Shoot. KU is going to end up with at least a share of that title. The annual B12(-11) fold is upon us I’m afraid.
                Working...
                X