X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silvio De Sousa ineligible rest of the season...AND NEXT

Bill Self calls it “mean-spirited and vindictive.”

Hey Bill...
    Last edited by WuShock16; February 1, 2019, 07:41 PM.
    78-65

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    https://www.kwch.com/content/news/De...505218031.html

Hey Bill...
    meme.jpg

Comment

Cry me a river Rug!!!

Comment

The NCAA ruled: “because his guardian received payment from a university booster and agent and agreed to receive additional funds from the same person,”

I don't remember all the details, but as I recall it was Adidas who paid the guardian. If the NCAA has identified the Adidas rep as a university booster, then this is far from over. That's quite a bit different than considering Adidas a third party attempting specifically to benefit themselves. Kind of makes it appear that KU wasn't defrauded, which they claimed. Now they are the beneficiaries and a participant in the fraud.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

My guess is Self and KU just wanted to make this an issue to figure out how big of trouble they are in. Lol. I mean c'mon.. They are arrogant, but they aren't stupid. If the NCAA were anywhere near close to clearing De Sosa to play it would be obvious and more transparent. KU just hadn't heard anything about the investigation for awhile and got nervous.

Comment

Self was thinking, "okay, I lost my starting big man (Azubuike) but the NCAA will soon clear De Sousa and we'll be just fine." He acts like he's angry because they stripped this kid's chance to play ball, but he's more pissed that his dreams of a Big 12 and NCAA championship has just been shattered. His alligator tears for this kid doesn't foot anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
            https://www.kwch.com/content/news/De...505218031.html

Hey Bill...
            Gee Coach you should count your blessings. This is a lot better then the death penalty that you really deserve.,

Comment

Kansas athletic director Jeff Long grew emotional Saturday in his response to the NCAA's punishment of sophomore forward Silvio De Sousa, saying, "I have always respected the NCAA and trusted the process, but ... my faith has been shaken."

I assume his disappointment stems from being granted pretty much every break they could get over the course of time and not getting it this time?

GFYR AD Long and every ku fan everywhere. Cheaters.

Comment

• Aargh
                Aargh commented
                Editing a comment
                Headline should read:

KU Athletic Department Extremely Disappointed With Getting Caught

Punxsutawney Bill came out of his hole and saw six more weeks of payouts.

Comment

I will say, this sucks for the kid. Regardless of how everyone here feels about KU, it's disappointing for the kid in this situation. He's the one that suffers; KU isn't.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

These kids and especially their guardians have a responsibility to understand the rules. I also think the college coaches recruiting them have a responsibility - to protect their own interests - to tell the players and guardians not to accept anything of value from anyone outside their established personal sphere.

If any of the three parties shirk their responsibility I can't summon sympathy for them.

Ever since the NCAA crackdown in the late 70s there really isn't any excuse, whether or not one agrees with the rules.

Comment

Can you imagine the howling if WE had done this? Do you think the NCAA would have penalized just the player if that happened? Oh hell no, they would have deep sixed us with smiles on their faces.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

This is slight of hand. "Let's get the NCAA to focus on De Sousa so these other three paid off kids don't get caught!"
                      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      . I also think the college coaches recruiting them have a responsibility - to protect their own interests
                      If any of the three parties shirk their responsibility I can't summon sympathy for them.
                      i have no doubt that Self and/Ot Asst. Curtis Townsend sent the message that they needed help from the shoe company to give them money so KU could get him. The quotes from the FBI included statements like “we need your help”.

Comment

Name another time in history where the player goes down and not the university for something like this involving a booster. Their Mafia payouts have to be bigger than Al Capone's.

Comment

Working...
                        X