UNI to Mountain West?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI to Mountain West?

Apparently we’ll be rejoining an old friend in the MWC, alongside BYU & Gonzaga, in a ploy for a directional school in the coveted Cedar Falls market.

This forum really died the last few days, understandably. We are now fully in basketball season, so I'm hoping we can get more conversation going. By no means am I just giving up on this season, I intend to watch every game I possibly can. However, what does everyone think the outlook will be with this young team next season

Only realistic one would be the Mountain West if they'd decide to add non-football members, which they've talked about in the past. Their current 12 plus Gonzaga, BYU, Wichita and UNI makes that an easy 3 or 4 bid league every year.

LMFAO.

Delusional idiots.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

we were delusional idiots when we were thinking that the mountain west was a possibility.. or maybe it was just desperation to get out of the sinking ship known as the valley.

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
        we were delusional idiots when we were thinking that the mountain west was a possibility.. or maybe it was just desperation to get out of the sinking ship known as the valley.
        Uh, comparing our program and situation to UNI is beyond insulting.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

In fairness, most the the UNI fans on that thread are pretty much resigned to the fact that they have no options beyond the Valley and acknowledge that they are in a very different situation than both WSU and Creighton.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I still kinda think the mvc needs to bring in most of the mvfc and have a little more organized pride. The mvfc is one of the top FCS conferences and probably has decent fan support on that side. Right now there’s a big mixture of horizon, summit and mvc and it kills any chance at branding the mvc. Why not bring every program in the mvfc into the mvc and try to build something recognizable that way? Is that just a terrible idea?

Comment

You’d basically have a 15 or 16 team basketball conference with the 10 programs we know plus North Dakota State, South Dakota State, South Dakota, Youngstown state, western Illinois...

and then 1 extra team like UNO or North Dakota if you want 16

The other thing about it is so many of those schools are technically in the actual geographic Missouri river valley. All the sudden the conference makes sense again.

Comment

I sort of doubt if the Big 12 breaks up but if it does KSU would be a good fit for the Mountain West, then throw in Boise State, BYU, and a couple of other Big 12 leftovers and you have a fairly formidable conference. Hoping KU isn't one of the leftovers...

Comment

Working...
                X