Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walker
    commented on 's reply
    I remember seeing that on the news as a kid. That has to be one of the craziest things to ever have happened in a non-fighting sport. Thank God he made it out of that okay. Pretty amazing he came back later on in the season and continued to play. Something like that would shake most people to where they couldn't come back.

• shoxlax
    replied
    NM
    Last edited by shoxlax; November 15, 2018, 09:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    I'm going to guess the Nichols player had been swiping at Platt's elbow on shot attempts and the refs weren't seeing it or, obviously, calling it. Frustration boiled over. Still, tell the coach and let him handle the refs. At least a scholarship wasn't wasted on him. I will be surprised if he doesn't end up in a courtroom over this.

Leave a comment:

• wufan
    commented on 's reply
    Kid plays DIII...there are no scholarships at the DIII level.

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

From the replay I saw I could not tell for sure if there was foul or not on Platt's 3-point air ball. My initial reaction was that the NIcholls player swipe hit the ball which is not a foul. Either way if you are playing basketball at this level you have probably experienced a lot of plays where you thought a ref missed a call. One source reported Platt already had a techinical from ealier in the game.although no details were provided.

This is pretty aggregious. Would be nice if it can be handle in such a way that the young man pays a significant prices but perhaps is also allowed to show he is a better man than that. Of course, that might depend on what, if any, prior issues he may have had as you say, how he reacts and responds to this situation.
    So the guy takes out the missed call on the player, who had nothing to do with a whistle not being blown?

Regardless, under ZERO circumstances in the evidence provided (trash talk or not) was that chickenshit move justified. Absolutely disgusting. People have died from blunt trauma like that to the head. Was that call worth at worst a human life?

What a POS. They need to prosecute that ****.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
    How did Muller miss this guy?
    Winner

Leave a comment:

• mattdalt
    replied
    How did Muller miss this guy?

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Found the video where the kid swiped at Platt taking a jumper on the other end just before that (according to reports). Platt air balled a 3, probably because Nate Tenaglia caught him with the swipe on the arm or hand and no call was made. Leading to the frustration forearm shiver.

Don't misunderstand me. That's a violent cheap shot that demands a substantial penalty. How much, to me, is depending on his actions prior to and after.
    From the replay I saw I could not tell for sure if there was foul or not on Platt's 3-point air ball. My initial reaction was that the NIcholls player swipe hit the ball which is not a foul. Either way if you are playing basketball at this level you have probably experienced a lot of plays where you thought a ref missed a call. One source reported Platt already had a technical from earlier in the game.although no details were provided.

This is pretty egregious. Would be nice if it can be handledin such a way that the young man pays a significant prices but perhaps is also allowed to show he is a better man than that. Of course, that might depend on what, if any, prior issues he may have had as you say, how he reacts and responds to this situation.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 14, 2018, 08:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Pull scholarship and call the DA
    What Scholarship? It was a Division III game. The Fitchburg University police are investigating.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Off topic, remembered this incident (not intentional) when it comes to violent on court (or ice) collisions.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• rrshock
    replied
    Kid was banned from campus and completely removed from the team and the website. He also had his league player of the week award rescinded froma couple weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Pull scholarship and call the DA

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Found the video where the kid swiped at Platt taking a jumper on the other end just before that (according to reports). Platt air balled a 3, probably because Nate Tenaglia caught him with the swipe on the arm or hand and no call was made. Leading to the frustration forearm shiver.

Don't misunderstand me. That's a violent cheap shot that demands a substantial penalty. How much, to me, is depending on his actions prior to and after.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Kewan Platt, the offending player from Fitchburg State, apparently had picked up a technical earlier in the game although I don't know what it wa for. The Fitchburg State University police department is investigating. Platt is probably fortunate that he didn't do more damage than he did as the victim apparently was able to finish the game. This incident had some real Rudy Tomjanovich potential.

From this ESPN article:

According to Nichols spokesman Pete Divito, Tenaglia had guarded Platt throughout the game, frustrating him with his defense. Following the incident, Tenaglia finished the game after tests for a concussion were negative.

Divito said school officials were glad Tenaglia was OK and relieved "most of the team didn't see it" due to concerns about a potential altercation.

"The best we can gather was that it was frustration," Divito said about Platt's elbow. "There was no real setup to this. ... We're happy it didn't escalate into a brawl."
    Whether or not there was any trash talking is hard to say. There may well have been but I don't see that mitigating the this incident in way.

This CBSBoston report says:

Prior to his cheap shot, Platt air-balled a three at the other end of the floor and was upset that he didn’t get a call.
    Again that doesn't justify his actions.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    The funny thing was that the kid took a look at the ref beyond the end line, saw he wasn't looking, before popping the player in the face, turned to go back down court and immediately saw another ref standing in front of him 10-15' away who saw the whole thing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X