Football Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Suspension

UMass has suspended football coach Mark Whipple one week without pay and ordered him to undergo sensitivity training after using the word "rape" in describing a non-penalty call during Saturday's 58-42 loss to Miami of Ohio.

I'm sorry, but we're a collection of word sensitive freaking idiots. A week's pay? Sensitivity training for your football coach?

The inmates are officially running the asylum.

I heard that A & W got offended because he said UMass got "mugged"

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      http://www.espn.com/college-football...rape-reference

I'm sorry, but we're a collection of word sensitive freaking idiots. A week's pay? Sensitivity training for your football coach?

The inmates are officially running the asylum.
      Massachusetts.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
        SHOCKvalue commented
        Editing a comment
        Massholes.

An actual term used on the Atlantic seaboard.

A much better choice of words should have been used! "... rape us.." seems innocuous, unless you have been raped or know someone that has been, or if you are merely empathetic to roughly 50% of the population. Would you not have preferred a different word to convey his meaning? Or, perhaps, since he was down 16 at the time, you are suggesting he was "asking for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
        A much better choice of words should have been used! Would you not have preferred a different word to convey his meaning? Or, perhaps, since he was down 16 at the time, you are suggesting he was "asking for it?"
        AD: Hey Coach, come here a minute.

Coach: Yes, sir.

AD: Heard your presser after the loss today. Think you could have used a better descriptor than "they raped us"?

Coach: Yes, sir. That wasn't the best use of words, my apologies. I'm not a ****ING THERAPIST you idiot. I'm a ****ING FOOTBALL coach. Get over it.

AD: As long as we're on the same page.

Comment

• WuDrWu
          WuDrWu commented
          Editing a comment
          Eliminate my rant and you've got the answer. Did he really need to be suspended a week without pay, hurting the entire program in countless ways, and be forced to attend sensitivity training (which I PROMISE YOU is only going to make him less sensitive) because he said one thing that you have to really twist to not get what he was saying.

Also, if a woman had said that, do you think the same response would have been dealt?

Perhaps he should have just said he was using Merriam-Webster's 2nd meaning of the the word "rape" -- 2: an outrageous violation

unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against a person's will or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent because of mental illness, mental deficiency, intoxication,… See the full definition

Comment

• Kung Wu
          Kung Wu commented
          Editing a comment
          Whoa! He actually absolutely has a leg to stand on there -- he should sue the University for his missing paycheck.

He should have said, "As time was ticking down, we sure got the old reach around while taking it in the puckered starfish."

Comment

I’m just waiting for the day when nonsense like this filters down to military drill sergeants. Their whole vocabulary will be pulled out from underneath them.

”Please lay prone and perform 10 push ups if it pleases you, you cisgender person that identifies as male.”

Comment

How long until we're communicating in caveman grunts and tongue clicks because every word in the English language has been deemed taboo by the language police? I give it about 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

AD: Hey Coach, come here a minute.

AD: Heard your presser after the loss today. Think you could have used a better descriptor than "they raped us"?

Coach: Yes, sir. That wasn't the best use of words, my apologies. I'm not a ****ING THERAPIST you idiot. I'm a ****ING FOOTBALL coach. Get over it.

AD: NOT ANYMORE.

fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              How long until we're communicating in caveman grunts and tongue clicks because every word in the English language has been deemed taboo by the language police? I give it about 5 years.
              Umm, you mean communicating in caveperson grunts?

Comment

#CavemanPrivilege

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  And in 10 years we have the following.

AD: Grunt Grunt, Grunt grunt grunt. -- "Hey Coach, come here a minute."

Coach: GRUNT -- "Yes, sir."

AD: Grunt Grunt Grunt grunt GRUNT. -- "Heard your presser after the loss today. I got a complaint about the last grunt, the last inflection was a little insensitive."

Coach: GRUNT? Grunt grunt grunt grunt. -- "Complaint? All my grunts were the same inflection"

AD: Grunt grunt grunt grunt grunt. -- "The complaint still happened. From now on I need you to blankly stare when asked any questions. Please do not show or display any emotions, ok?

Coach: Stares blankly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Umm, you mean communicating in caveperson grunts?
                    Oh man, you're right. Caveperson is the preferred nomenclature. Dammit. I've let Justin Trudeau, non-cisgender, non-binary, LGBTQQQIASZIPPXPTOS peoples and mattdalt down. These microaggressions just sneak up on ya if you ain't constantly checking your privilege.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                      X