my football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my football

is it me or does anyone love seeing ku lose in football?

Go Shocks!

Comment

Why are you restricting yourself to football?

Comment

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        Well said, 1972.

Personally, I couldn't care less, but that's because I root for a real football team -- the one that actually wins championships with the regularity Chickenhawk fans think their basketball team ought to. (RTR!)

I honestly haven't seen KU play football in years and years.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        I honestly haven't seen KU play football in years and years.
        Neither have KU fans.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Aargh
          Aargh commented
          Editing a comment
          KU FB has fans? I did not know that.

Normally, I don't even pay attention to college football because of how much of a farce its system is. But following KU football, their sunshine-pumping radio personalities, and their fans melting down is a high form of entertainment. Last night couldn't have been a more glorious start to the season. LOL.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Normally, I don't even pay attention to college football because of how much of a farce its system is. But following KU football, their sunshine-pumping radio personalities, and their fans melting down is a high form of entertainment. Last night couldn't have been a more glorious start to the season. LOL.
          What happened?
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Aargh
            Aargh commented
            Editing a comment
            they had a chance to beat an FCS team, but lost in OT.

my pillow

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

What happened?

The lost to a division two team.. a pretty decent d2 team, but none the less a d2 team.

1972, i love when they lose in everything..

Comment

Saw this and thought it was worth a laugh..
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

David Beaty’s future in doubt as KU attendance dwindles in loss to Iowa State

More than half of the 15,543 announced fans at KU’s 27-3 loss to Iowa State were wearing the opposing team’s colors.

And it only got worse in the 2nd half.

Comment

Take away ISU fans and those numbers are approaching the worst of WSU’s attendance. Good thing they have the life jacket of the Big XII.

Comment

The new AD Long and his football assistant Vollmer are now putting on the full court press to put a new Head Coach in place by the end of the football regular season. Once Long was appointed by the new chancellor to replace our imcompetent AD, Sheahon Zenger, most of us realized that Beaty was most likely toast as well.
                    Who can KU get now that they're finally willing to write out the big checks for football? We'll probably know in 3 or 4 weeks...

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                      WSUwatcher commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well, the last time they wrote a big check, didn't it go to Charlie Weis? (Actually, they may still be writing them to Weis, come to think of it.) How'd that hire work out for you? I guess the good news is that your new AD can scarcely do worse, but why anyone would want to coach football in Lawrence is beyond me.

Looks like a big check for Les Miles...

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                      WSUwatcher commented
                      Editing a comment
                      At least Miles has a history of success as a college football coach. Plus, he's entertaining as can be. The Chickenhawks are fortunate that he and the new AD are old pals, because even as goofy as he is at times, Miles knows what he's doing and is at the perfect point in his career for a challenge like this. Most high-end assistants would have waited for a better situation, but Miles should be set financially and already has a solid reputation, so he has little if anything to lose. He is absolutely the right guy at the right time.

• N Crestway
                      N Crestway commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well said...a young up and comer like Littrell would look for a better, more secure situation than KU in its present state. Dave Doeren, a KC kid and then a highly successful coach at Northern Illinois, really wanted the KU job after Gill was booted, but that was then...Dave has on to better things since. Les Miles is probably the best possible outcome.

The Les Miles era gets off to a resounding start with a 24-17 home win over powerhouse Indiana State (picked to finish 4th in the MVFC).

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                      WSUwatcher commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Maybe the Chickenhawks weren't fully focused, looking ahead to Coastal Carolina?
                  Working...
                  X