Valley Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valley Thoughts

Hell of a win by Indiana State, throttling the Hoosiers in Indiana.

Missouri State should be tough this season. Alize Johnson is a stud. Nice win against WKU.

UNI took their pounding at UNC and moved off the bubble, in a good way (according to their fans).

Watched a little bit of Bradley today. It is unholy the difference between Valley teams and WSU. It's not a knock on Bradley, but just watch. Who they have and how they play. Gregg gets SO much out of every player, EVERY second.

LOL @ UNI
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

I hope the Valley has a strong showing this year!
      Livin the dream

Comment

Guess which fan base bore this comment :

I certainly think this matchup will set season expectations. Win, and I think we're an at-large team, with a decent shot at the rest of OoC games (including (blank). Lose, and I think we'd have to pull some magic off in Arch Maddness to go anywhere after the season.

From browsing some fourms, it sounds like (blank) has some shoddy 3-pt defense, so if we shoot like we did against blank or blank, we can cruise to victory. Really hope Blank is okay by Wednesday, unlikely as it is.

I don't know if I can predict a Blank victory. Like I said, if the three ball falls, we'll win by 20. If not, it'll be rough to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I certainly think this matchup will set season expectations. Win, and I think we're an at-large team, with a decent shot at the rest of OoC games (including (blank). Lose, and I think we'd have to pull some magic off in Arch Maddness to go anywhere after the season.

From browsing some fourms, it sounds like (blank) has some shoddy 3-pt defense, so if we shoot like we did against blank or blank, we can cruise to victory. Really hope Blank is okay by Wednesday, unlikely as it is.

I don't know if I can predict a Blank victory. Like I said, if the three ball falls, we'll win by 20. If not, it'll be rough to watch.
          What is UNI?

Comment

Also sounds like Evansville and Indiana State fans. Although, UE fans would have said NIT rather than at-large.
            Livin the dream

Comment

I wish the league well. Talked to an MSU grad who purchased tickets to the FVV comeback. He gave me a verbal agreement of fandom now that WSU has left the conference. He says it still hurts a little.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

LOL. If they hit 3's, they'll beat SMU by 20? LMAO.

UNI fans are the cutest.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

InSU has managed to lose 3 straight after taking Indiana down. They struggled early against their D-2 opponent (Missouri-St Louis) today in Terra Haute. They've managed to take a 37-28 half time lead after trailing a good part of the first half.

Losing to InSU is probably going to count as a bad loss for Indiana.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

In the ongoing saga of WSU's non-con getting blown up through no fault of WSU, I think this is the strangest.

While the AAC is having teams posting winning records against the dregs of D1 ball, the MVC is having its' best start in a long, long time.

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...bc05a6e8f.html
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Didn't I see SIU losing to SIU Edwardsville?
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        In the ongoing saga of WSU's non-con getting blown up through no fault of WSU, I think this is the strangest.

While the AAC is having teams posting winning records against the dregs of D1 ball, the MVC is having its' best start in a long, long time.

I would hardly characterize the MVC as "thriving". They have no at-large capable teams (compared to last year where they had 2 Top 50 Kenpom teams). The top 3 is no better, but worse, just their low ends teams are no longer the bottom feeders in the Div I.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

While the win/loss record is better than previous years, I withhold judgement on whether the MVC is truly improved until I see information on strength of schedule, RPI, Kenpom, etc.

"It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

What the MVC is doing well at is there are no terrible teams (jokes about Drake night aside). Have no anxious like ECU to drag the conference down makes up for a lack of top teams.

It'll be interesting to see how things play out. The MVC could end up with a high conference rpi, then only put one team in the NCAA tournament as 12-14 seed with no NIT teams.

Comment

How bad was the Drake coach? Sheesh.

Comment

Working...
                              X