No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After remembering Creighton wasn't officially offered to join the BE until after the 2012-2013 season, I was thinking how poetic it would be that that year WSU finally breaks the STL Curse was the last year they played there.

Maybe its a Godsend and an omen of better things to come!

Now that I think about it, I thought it was weird seeing clouds in the sky shaped "A-A-C" as we left Scottrade yesterday ;)
    The Assman

Comment

• So if we do get an invite this year and are to be included in the AAC for next season, how soon would an invite need to come? I'm figuring it has to be at least a couple months before the start of the school year to get everything set up. Scheduling, branding and everything else that comes with a big move like this. Creighton got added in mid March. Would it have to be that soon for us? Anyone have any idea?

Comment

• I doubt if it'd be that soon. I bet we get a "farewell" tour through the valley so everyone can take a couple more thrashings at the hands of the Shox.

Comment

• Where's there's smoke...

However, I do think some of us need to pump the brakes a little. I have no inside information or connections, but this feels like something that's still far from a sure thing and that there's a lot of work left to do in negotiations.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
            So if we do get an invite this year and are to be included in the AAC for next season, how soon would an invite need to come? I'm figuring it has to be at least a couple months before the start of the school year to get everything set up. Scheduling, branding and everything else that comes with a big move like this. Creighton got added in mid March. Would it have to be that soon for us? Anyone have any idea?
            1. MVC constitution requires 24 months notice of effective date of resignation. School during 24 months will receive 100% of shares.
            2 If school gives only 12-23 months notice - receives 50% of shares.
            3. <12 months - receives no shares
            4. Conference can terminate a team immediately from conference if they don't give 24 months notice.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
              So if we do get an invite this year and are to be included in the AAC for next season, how soon would an invite need to come? I'm figuring it has to be at least a couple months before the start of the school year to get everything set up. Scheduling, branding and everything else that comes with a big move like this. Creighton got added in mid March. Would it have to be that soon for us? Anyone have any idea?
              I'd say July would still leave plenty of time to work things out. Conference schedules don't come out till late August and they can already be working those. Some of the Olympic sports may be impacted more.... But they aren't driving the bus.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                1. MVC constitution requires 24 months notice of effective date of resignation. School during 24 months will receive 100% of shares.
                4. Conference can terminate a team immediately from conference if they don't give 24 months notice.

http://www.mvc.org/manual/constitution.pdf
                3 and 4 get my vote

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
                  But they aren't driving the bus.
                  I'd say it's just gonna be the MVC schools that are still "driving the bus" to their games :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                    Where's there's smoke...

However, I do think some of us need to pump the brakes a little. I have no inside information or connections, but this feels like something that's still far from a sure thing and that there's a lot of work left to do in negotiations.
                    Not sure it is far from a sure thing, but do agree that it is not a sure thing. At this point it feels like it is more likely than not to happen but it's not over until it's over. A Sweet 16 run (or better) by the Shocks this year would certainly not hurt matters.

Comment

Should the invite come, I can't see this having any influence on an immediate departure.

Comment

Per WSU's 2016 Financial Statement

WSU's total revenue was $28,451,036
                        WSU's expenses were $25,478,440

Net positive of $2,972,596

WSU's NCAA distribution was $1,086,082
                        WSU's Conference distribution was $82,985
                        Total distributions were $1,169,067

or about 4.1% of total revenues.

WSU without any distributions would still be in the black last year by $1,803,529

Get out this year please.

Comment

• Yeah, I don't see those constitutional rules stopping us from moving ASAP if an invite comes. It didn't stop Creighton.

Comment

• That conference distribution is basically our NCAA tournament credits. Guess UNI can claim some of that. After WSUs go off the books they won't have too many to pull from.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                              That conference distribution is basically our NCAA tournament credits. Guess UNI can claim some of that. After WSUs go off the books they won't have too many to pull from.
                              Elgin was interviewed by the SIU announcers during the tournament. They asked him about possibly WSU leaving and asked if they had been considering whether to change how distributions are made and letting schools who earned them share more in them. His answer was emphatically never.

Comment

Elgin was interviewed by the SIU announcers during the tournament. They asked him about possibly WSU leaving and asked if they had been considering whether to change how distributions are made and letting schools who earned them share more in them. His answer was emphatically never.
                                That WSU would never leave or that they would never give a greater share of NCAA money to the teams that earned them? Or both?

Comment

Working...
                                X