American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Pssh .. KU had to sit at the Kiddie table and Texas made out their plate (Ballot) for them.
    Why? What leverage does Texas have?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      The AAC as it is now is a great landing spot for WSU, from WSU's perspective. Everything else; MWC, watered-down AAC, WAC, A10, are all bad options. Either the full strength AAC works out or it doesn't. But I think it's the only realistic option for WSU.
      Obviously the AAC now is the most appetizing option but I don't think they do any realignment until they're forced to. I think the AAC minus Cincy would've gotten the ball rolling and that would still be an upgrade over the MVC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
        Well, yes, but they do bring TV sets from KC. Which is big.
        Not really. KC, while a bigger city, isn' huge. Plus, the KC viewership is fragmented with KU, MU, KSU, and to a lesser degree, Iowa and Nebraska. What the B1G really, really needs aren't eyeballs, they've already got those, the B1G needs quality football in the west. They need that badly. Either Texas or Oklahoma could deliver that.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Might as well close this tread. Unfortunately I believe the big 12 not expanding keeps WSU in the valley.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
            Might as well close this tread. Unfortunately I believe the big 12 not expanding keeps WSU in the valley.
            Well that settles it then.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              Well that settles it then.
              Just my opinion.

Comment

• I believe we are skewered.

The AAC and MWC will wait for the vultures to start picking over the carcass of the B12 once OU finds a new home. Texas might even get left out in the cold. Nobody wants them or their Bevo Network.

Once the B12 implodes, the MWC and AAC will gladly pick up the remaining bones. That scenario makes it very unlikely for either conference to add a basketball-only school when they can get a bunch of former P5 teams a few years down the road.

I was never big on the MWC. Not a great basketball conference and traveling west is more difficult (time zones and elevation). A lot of MWC games are played too late to get decent media coverage.

Now the A10 is looking like the only potential destoination that's any improvement over the Valley. that's not a terribly attractive destination.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I don't think this dpes anything, either way, to Wichita State. I think this just gives a timeline for the end of the Big 12. It's 2025. The networks, which have overpaid for football, are not going to be kind to the Big 12 when the GOR expires. The schools that can find a soft spot in the four, 16 team leagues will be fine, those that don't, will raid the AAC, the MWC and C-USA, creating a super, almost as good as the P-4, but not quite, P 4- 1/2 league.

Wichita State will have an opportunity to move up during that turbulance, if not sooner.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Pssh .. KU had to sit at the Kiddie table and Texas made out their plate (Ballot) for them.
                    at 5:55, I just had my first good laugh of the day....thank you!!!!:)

Comment

• Evansville decided they were doing so well in all their existing athletic programs that they needed to add Track and Field.

I'm telling you. Independent keeps looking better and better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        Evansville decided they were doing so well in all their existing athletic programs that they needed to add Track and Field.

I'm telling you. Independent keeps looking better and better.
                        Just curious, do you have access to the All-Sports records for the last several year, especially as it pertains to Evansville?
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                          Just curious, do you have access to the All-Sports records for the last several year, especially as it pertains to Evansville?
                          Not other than a quick google search that showed they did not finish in the Top 5 in either of the last 2 years.

Comment

• Comment

• For the love of all that is not Evansville...

Comment

• Interesting.... The glaring question is where would Wichita State park the rest of their athletics? Independent?

Comment

Working...
                                X