American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is fev when we need him?
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• 47f78768d18ae362e290f4a51a7ed495d76fd2608211f1ed0f2d88b5b8c88fbd.jpg
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Commuter school.

To be, or not to be. A commuter school.

Whether it is nobler to serve the community with parking lots and part time homemakers, or to build flashy dorms.......

Maybe we need a new catagory. I shall forever refer to the U of H as a Tier 1 commuter school!

Comment

• They're a Tier 1, but are they a Grade 1?

And what's their Mobile/Diamond Star rating?
          Last edited by WuDrWu; September 6, 2016, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• looks like U of H is also in the top 50 public university research institutions as rated by this organization, ranked at #36:

Public University of Houston - University Park 1 4 98,231 101 57,090 104 579,264 45

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                They're a Tier 1, but are they a Grade 1?

And what's their Mobile/Diamond Star rating?
                Still waiting on the Yelp review.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• The "commuter school" label is all kinds of dumb. It reeks of the entitlement class seeking validation for their $200K liberal arts degrees. Oodles of "college experience" types serving coffee and food, and answering phones, for "commuter school" types with business, engineering, and applied natural science degrees.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                    Still waiting on the Yelp review.
                    Yes, but it would help if the idiot troll who made the original post could spell Mobil.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      The "commuter school" label is all kinds of dumb. It reeks of the entitlement class seeking validation for their $200K liberal arts degrees. Oodles of "college experience" types serving coffee and food, and answering phones, for "commuter school" types with business, engineering, and applied natural science degrees.
                      You must understand that the trolls have to have something to make themselves feel superior. It's all they have.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                        looks like U of H is also in the top 50 public university research institutions as rated by this organization, ranked at #36:

Public University of Houston - University Park 1 4 98,231 101 57,090 104 579,264 45
                        That's way too damn complicated, and fraught with subjectivity to shape a desired outcome.

The easiest way to lookup where a school lands with regards to research dollars is the horse's mouth - the National Science Foundation:

Comment

• There are obviously Big 12 fans getting caught up in an argument on Shockernet so I'm going to add some BALANCE. I could care less who goes to the Big 12 except that it provides a space for our Shockers in a better conference. The Big 12 is liable to implode anyway in the next half dozen years. I just have a feeling that OU doesn't want to be in the worst power conference for football. Academics don't really matter when it comes to college football. I will more likely watch the Sunday brand of professional football rather than a bunch of college professionals. That is where the top college football teams are headed anyway. It's all about MONEY.

Comment

• I get the "commuter school" put down, but I think it's kinda silly. UH is a pretty good school in the middle of a huge city so naturally a lot of people who go to school their choose to drive from home rather than live on campus. That said, they do have a decent campus life, greek system, etc. It's like a bigger version of WSU, so if that's a bad thing, so be it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                              That's way too damn complicated, and fraught with subjectivity to shape a desired outcome.

The easiest way to lookup where a school lands with regards to research dollars is the horse's mouth - the National Science Foundation:

https://ncsesdata.nsf.gov/profiles/s...Source&ds=herd
                              Thanks and just to note, U of H was ranked #126 in the US and Okie State was ranked 135, so there's that, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                I get the "commuter school" put down, but I think it's kinda silly. UH is a pretty good school in the middle of a huge city so naturally a lot of people who go to school their choose to drive from home rather than live on campus. That said, they do have a decent campus life, greek system, etc. It's like a bigger version of WSU, so if that's a bad thing, so be it.
                                Yes, it is very amusing. The trolls are shitting in their own nest. Putting down U of H for being what WSU is trying to be. Pretty ironic and funny, too.

And like the other posters here, I'm hoping that some of this movement will open up a better destination for the Shockers and that somehow we can take advantage of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X