No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memphis has brought in several high rated guards over the last couple days. I'm curious if there will be enough pt for everyone in their back court moving forward. Lots of underclassmen who expect to be lead dog.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
      Memphis has brought in several high rated guards over the last couple days. I'm curious if there will be enough pt for everyone in their back court moving forward. Lots of underclassmen who expect to be lead dog.
      With the addition of Baugh, Quinones, and now grad transfer Tucker, one has to wonder where Lomax will get his minutes and how Harris will react to likely getting fewer minutes than in his freshman year. Quinones is also wanting Boogie Ellis to come on board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
        Memphis has brought in several high rated guards over the last couple days. I'm curious if there will be enough pt for everyone in their back court moving forward. Lots of underclassmen who expect to be lead dog.
        Penny Hardaway said he wanted to build a team that runs, plays aggressive defense, and can score from anywhere. Only one of their guards averaged over 20 minutes last year. I can see a lot of platooning with the bigs and guards he added. They still have 2 scholarships left.

Comment

• Armoni Brooks is staying in the draft and will not return to Houston.
          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
              Which would split the league to West and East divisions, heard something about this on the table.

Comment

• MK said it also might include Gonzaga as well

Comment

• Aresco going for the kill shot to any argument against the P6 narrative.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                    If Gonzaga was in the deal.. AAC could make a case for the top conference in basketball.
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• I feel like BYU may actually be one of the schools that makes the most sense to replace UCONN if the AAC wanted to go that route. It is far west, but you've got an independent just sitting right there that could step in as a football member. They might not even need to do other sports. Could be as simple as adding BYU football only and picking up another school for other sports like WSU/Navy if the AAC wanted to.

If there really is going to be some kind of "in-conference only" limited schedule for football this year, BYU is probably scrambling to fit in somewhere even if only for one season.

Comment

• I just looked at the list. Army is independent too (Army, BYU, UMass, Liberty, New Mexico State, and Notre Dame) If there was ever a slam dunk...

I feel like at least half of that list would be great in the AAC. How cool would it be to have Navy, Army and Air Force all in one conference for football. Just sayin.

Comment

• Football is going to be a problem to play. Basketball could happen depending on what takes place coming into the winter. It's by no means a sure thing, but even Dr. Fauci said that a vaccine is possible somewhere around the New Year. Our conference games don't happen until approximately Jan. 1. Therefore even if games have to be cancelled by teams in November and/or December, it may be possible to get a full conference basketball season in this year. Who can predict what will happen.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Bet Tulsa fans are thrilled
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                Bet Tulsa fans are thrilled
                                I know I am.

Comment

Working...
                                X