American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sully last night at EOB:

Emphasis on the "merely a formality" comment from one of the most conservative, reserved, and least hyperbolic sports journalist ever. This in addition to his "it's the AAC" references as well. Paul knows something the rest of us don't, I'd assume. If he is making these comments based off of assumption or rumor I'd be shocked.

Comment

• Originally posted by grudkin View Post
      I heard the certified letter addressed to the MVC was returned to Dr. Bardo because the mail person was unable to deliver it to a dumpster fire.
      Not sure I'd even trust the US Postal Service. If I were Bardo, I'd consider hand delivering it to Elgin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
        LMAO I love it.
        Seriously that's so good I hope it catches on as the official hashtag of pretty much the next month.

#Shoxit

Comment

• So, pardon my ignorance, but with a 12-team conference, would we still have a double round-robin? Or would it be abbreviated to keep the same number of conference games?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
            I do hope we schedule MVC teams into a non-con series on the regular. I'd miss them.
            You big tease ~ I love the sarcasm!!!
            SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
            gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
              Crap. Not only are UCONN players leaving, but now a couple Memphis players are leaving too.

https://twitter.com/JasonSmith929/status/849659357226729472

L. Jason Smith‏Verified account @JasonSmith929

Letter I just read over the air from Memphis forwards KJ and Dedric Lawson. Both will transfer. Absolute bombshell.
              KJ Lawson isn't mincing words on twitter and just fired up double rods on his way out.

I know I deserved more I just never said it two middle fingers as I make a exit , yeah ... Did I lose you? #LongLiveJuice #RipGrandMama

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
                So, pardon my ignorance, but with a 12-team conference, would we still have a double round-robin? Or would it be abbreviated to keep the same number of conference games?
                No way it will be a double round-robin. That'd be 22 conference games, which isn't doable. I'm curious to see what they come up with. Divisions? Unbalanced schedules based on geography? Unbalanced schedules based on rotating cycle? Unbalanced schedules based on preseason perceived strength in an effort to boost RPI and Top50 opportunities for at-large teams?

I will miss the double round-robin the most, out of anything the Valley does. It is the best way to determine a champion.

Comment

So, pardon my ignorance, but with a 12-team conference, would we still have a double round-robin? Or would it be abbreviated to keep the same number of conference games?
                  Could be a double round robin or it could be divisional play. Play double round robin against your division and 1-game against the other division (half at home, half on the road). How the AAC will chose to do that remains to be seen.

They don't have to do the same thing for every sport. They could play a double-round robin in Men's basketball and a divisional system in Women's Basketball or in Volleyball if they so wish.

We should know soon enough once the move becomes official.

If I had to bet I would bet on a divisional setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                    I do hope we schedule MVC teams into a non-con series on the regular. I'd miss them.
                    Maybe we could get a buy game out of Muller.

(I'm giggling WAY too hard at my own joke.)

Comment

• Originally posted by grudkin View Post
                      I heard the certified letter addressed to the MVC was returned to Dr. Bardo because the mail person was unable to deliver it to a dumpster fire.
                      Nomination for post of the day/week/month
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Chances of Marshall scheduling a program that does pretty much everything the wrong way? Seems low. I doubt we see ISUr on the schedule any time soon.

Pulling fire alarms and showing up to walk-through is short-sighted behavior.

Comment

I would assume the AAC would keep the same format 18 conference games, which was play 8 of the 10 other teams twice and 2 of them just one. NOW it will likely be play 7 of the other 11 teams twice and 4 of them just once. Hopefully, they are going to make it where SMU, Cincy, UConn, and WSU play twice every year. But they could go to divisions, though that has gone out of favor alot in hoops.

My guess for divisions would be: SMU, UH, Tulsa, WSU, Memphis, and Tulane (Southwest) AND Cincy, UConn, ECU, USF, UCF, and Temple in the NorthEast. I don't think they will go to divisions.
                          Last edited by SMOOfan98; April 5, 2017, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• The interesting thing about the potential conference schedule is a double round-robin is 22 games, and a two division setup in its most obvious format is 16 games. Neither are really in the sweet spot for a conference schedule, so one would assume something creative might in the works.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                              Crap. Not only are UCONN players leaving, but now a couple Memphis players are leaving too.

https://twitter.com/JasonSmith929/status/849659357226729472

L. Jason Smith‏Verified account @JasonSmith929

Letter I just read over the air from Memphis forwards KJ and Dedric Lawson. Both will transfer. Absolute bombshell.
                              Would this news of players leaving not add to the urgency to add a strong, relatively stable program like Wichita State to the mix?

Comment

• Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
                                Ya...I think everyone saw this blowing up in Memphis' face. From what I've heard Daddy Lawson is LaVar Ball Jr. IMO it's never a good idea to hire a coach only to get his kid(s) to play at the school.
                                Tubbie's never been known as a "sweetheart" kinda' coach anyway. The Lawson's couldn't handle it (didn't want to crash the boards). He'll get in a couple of good Juco's and be alright in the near future.

Comment

Working...
                                X