American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
    Since there's no new news, I'm going to take a sharp math detour here.

Getting the precise phrases right for math is really hard. I feel like I never learned it in school, but I think it should be part of really basic fractions and percentages (it's also possible that I dozed off that day...)

So, Tulsa is 50% larger than Wichita and Wichita is 33% smaller than Tulsa?
    This is why people hate math sometimes!!
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

That was my first blush as a response, but decided it sounded too snarky (and I feel like I inadvertently sound like that a lot), so I just put the actual numbers up.

Comment

Since there's no new news, I'm going to take a sharp math detour here.

Getting the precise phrases right for math is really hard. I feel like I never learned it in school, but I think it should be part of really basic fractions and percentages (it's also possible that I dozed off that day...)

Yup. For Wichita to = Tulsa, it would have to grow 52%. It's equal to 65.7% of Tulsa, thus 34% smaller.

Comment

• I'm hoping sooner rather than later.

Comment

• Apparently, if you want to really spark a discussion in this thread, just ask a math question!

Comment

Apparently, if you want to really spark a discussion in this thread, just ask a math question!
              To what degree, or percent, is the AAC greater than the MVC?

Comment

• What does AAC + WSU equal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                  I dunno, but there's probably a Chuck Norris joke for it.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                    Embargoed information is usually only 24 hours, so at this point media behind the scenes might have a hint, but likely not official embargoed information. Just my 2 cents.
                    I don't know about usually, but definitely not always 24 hours. I think you're right that they don't know substantially more information than we do, but I still think they're being used to lay some groundwork and they probably suspect that themselves.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

If this discussion has taught me anything, I'd say it's 100% or 50% depending on the direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by RandomJaysFan View Post
                        A word to the wise: be very careful in dealing with Bearcat Bounce. Dude got himself kicked off the Holy Land board for being a passive/aggressive troll, and he's one post in on here already with a backhanded slap.

It's short leash time.

Anyway, good luck with finally managing to scrape the scarlet V from your chests. Life without it will be everything you're thinking it will.
                        If he got kicked off Holy Land for being passive aggressive towards CU or the BIGEAST, I like @Bearcat_Bounce: even more now.

At any rate, thanks for the well wishes. I know the transition was good for CU and I'm hoping it will have similar results for us--plus our obligatory NCAA tournament wins ya know... :)
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Comment

My computer model says "infinity"!

Comment

#DIV /0!

Comment

• WuDrWu help me!!!

WuDrWu, I'm planning on going to Vegas this weekend and I need your help. Roulette is my game. Should I put my money on black 17 or black 18? Help a brother out.
                                Professional gas passer.

Comment

Working...
                                X