American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by giskard View Post
    I would not be surprised if it is a unanimous vote when the vote actually happens. Even if you oppose the move (cough, Loyola), it is better for the conference if it looks unanimous.
    I still see zero reason to have gone along with the vote. It's not like it bought us anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      With 12 teams, my guess is there would be 2 divisions, H/H with the teams in your division and 3 away and 3 home alternating every year with the teams in the opposite division. Unless you want 22 conference games .Double round robin.
      No divisions. It'll probably 7 H&H's and 4 opponents only once.

Comment

• Maybe I'm reading into this too much but. Coach was pretty upbeat on the coach's show yesterday and said his family has roots in Wichita (para). Could be he is now more content to stay based upon the likelihood of an announcement very soon--I'm sure of which he is privy to. Our seeding in the tourney this year and the fact that the Valley contributed to our being underseeded would have been the basis for HCGM to look elsewhere were a conference change dead in the water. I think he knows the result and is giddy he won't have to go 30-4 again and sweat out the NCAA result. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
          Maybe I'm reading into this too much but. Coach was pretty upbeat on the coach's show yesterday and said his family has roots in Wichita (para). Could be he is now more content to stay based upon the likelihood of an announcement very soon--I'm sure of which he is privy to. Our seeding in the tourney this year and the fact that the Valley contributed to our being underseeded would have been the basis for HCGM to look elsewhere were a conference change dead in the water. I think he knows the result and is giddy he won't have to go 30-4 again and sweat out the NCAA result. Just my opinion.
          I think it goes without saying that playing in the AAC would go a long way to keeping a coach happy rather than playing the Drakes of the world.
          Professional gas passer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat_Bounce View Post
            That unbalanced scheduling is why KU won big 12 or shared titles back then. They avoided playing the Texas schools twice back in the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat_Bounce View Post
              How is it determined which teams you play once and which you play twice?
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Another way to increase seating at Koch Arena would be to add luxury boxes.

Like the idea of playing everyone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                  Like the idea of playing everyone twice.
                  I like the idea of playing Drake 0 times

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                    I like the idea of playing Drake 0 times
                    THIS.

Side note: How funny will it be when we make up our early non-con schedule with a bunch of buy games with MVC schools?

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                      Another way to increase seating at Koch Arena would be to add luxury boxes.
                      Adding Luxury boxes might increase revenue but its almost certain that doing so would decrease capacity. The only way to increase seating and add luxury boxes would be to make massive structural changes to a 62 year old building. If we want luxury boxes the thing to do is start raising money for a new building, we can play downtown while its built.
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                        Adding Luxury boxes might increase revenue but its almost certain that doing so would decrease capacity. The only way to increase seating and add luxury boxes would be to make massive structural changes to a 62 year old building. If we want luxury boxes the thing to do is start raising money for a new building, we can play downtown while its built.
                        Plans exist for adding luxury boxes with minimal impact to existing searing (a few of the top rows). The boxes would be at roof line and tie in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                          THIS.

Side note: How funny will it be when we make up our early non-con schedule with a bunch of buy games with MVC schools?
                          As long as those teams are either UNI or ISU red. The other schools really drag down the RPI.
                          Professional gas passer.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                            So we need 9 of 12 votes:

Houston - Yes
                            Memphis - Yes
                            Tulsa - Yes
                            Tulane - ?
                            SMU - Yes
                            Temple - ?
                            South Florida - ?
                            Cincinnati - Yes
                            Connecticut - Yes
                            East Carolina - ?
                            Central Florida - ?
                            football-only Navy - Yes? Assuming they aren't like non-baseball MVC schools voting down DBU
                            Too many question marks, not enough Yes's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                              Too many question marks, not enough Yes's.
                              Welcome back

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
                                Plans exist for adding luxury boxes with minimal impact to existing searing (a few of the top rows). The boxes would be at roof line and tie in.
                                Sounds like that would still cost a little capacity, but not too bad.
                                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Working...
                                X