Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never mind -- already posted.

Comment

• There are a lot of positives. If done properly the east/west could help mitigate the extra travel trip, or do as the NBA does and take a week to hit two at a time on a regional swing three times a year. We also revive a historic rivalry with Tulsa, which is good for the league eyeballs in the depths of Winter and in the conf tourney. We have numbers to back up our draw on ESPN and in the National Tourney. I'd think the draw = more $ is good enough for the bottom feeders to accept another annual beat down or two, and our brand/quality/resources should be a given for the UCONN/SMU/CINCI teams to vote yes.

It's one of those deals that just makes too much sense not to happen -- unless some bureaucratic crap gets in the way.

Comment

• I could be wrong here, but based on our credible cryptors this morning, I would think a vote possibly has occurred already. If higher ups are saying WSU is in, then I'd have to believe they're in. No parading to the bottom feeders needed.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• "Sources: A Wichita State move to AAC grows more likely"

The possibility of Wichita State joining the American Athletic Conference has been discussed at the presidential level and is seen as increasingly likely, according to several sources in college athletics who recently spoke on the topic on the condition of anonymity.

A source directly connected to AAC members described Wichita State’s candidacy as strong and expectations among many schools are that the Shockers will be added. Another source involved in college athletics termed it “almost inevitable.”

A timetable is unclear for the possible addition of the Shockers, who would join the AAC for all of its current sports and give the conference a 12th basketball member.

Nine of the conference’s 12 members (football-only Navy will vote) are required to approve a new member. A vote could happen at spring meetings or by conference call.
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            I could be wrong here, but based on our credible cryptors this morning, I would think a vote possibly has occurred already. If higher ups are saying WSU is in, then I'd have to believe they're in. No parading to the bottom feeders needed.
            Or at the very least they all already know how the schools will vote even if the official vote hasn't taken place yet.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
              I hate to be the pessimist in the group, but this sounds far from a "sure" thing...

Please, reassure me.
              Is anything really a sure thing until the ink is dry on a contract? However, there are enough smoke signals coming from numerous sources that seemed to point that this is real and is in the process of happening. Could we be disappointed? Yes, it's possible but if you were a betting man you would most like not bet against it.

Comment

• Do annual trips winter trips to Florida put this whole warm-weather, SE coast thing to rest?

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                  Or at the very least they all already know how the schools will vote even if the official vote hasn't taken place yet.
                  I would agree with this. They have the votes to make it happen.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                    @SubGod22:

Come back to this board

Yes, he should come back, but I don't think he will.

Comment

• I'll take 2 games against Wichita if it means we get to drop 2 games from the group of USF, Tulane and ECU.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Bingo.

Comment

• Also, would you guys play Cincinnati and UConn at the bigger arena in town?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Bingo.
                            When you say "bingo" what are you REALLY getting at?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat_Bounce View Post
                              Also, would you guys play Cincinnati and UConn at the bigger arena in town?
                              Almost definitely at least one a year. We already do one non-con game there each year. Good chance the biggest games will get moved there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat_Bounce View Post
                                Also, would you guys play Cincinnati and UConn at the bigger arena in town?
                                I think it would be fun to do 1 non-con game and 1 conference game at IBA. An extra 5k people seeing the game would be fun but CKA is an advantage and atmosphere that can't be topped.

Comment

Working...
                                X