X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbies

Figure we could maybe use a place to put news and whatnot of the almost American teams coming in.

Denton Record-Chronicle - A TIME OF CHANGE: UNT officials confident in program's foundation, plans for future as move to American nears

University of North Texas President Neal Smatresk and athletic director Wren Baker enjoyed a few laughs and took time to celebrate last fall when the American Athletic Conference announced it would add six schools.

UNT was on the list and secured a place in a conference that already includes SMU, Tulsa and Tulane and is set to add Rice and UTSA. It’s a dream scenario to play in the same league with those regional rivals for UNT, which called a news conference and held a fan event to mark the occasion.

Baker took advantage of UNT’s supporters’ undivided attention to deliver a message, one he has reiterated several times since as UNT prepares to leave Conference USA.
    I do think UNT is in a good place to be competitive early, along with UAB, in multiple sports. They also seem to have the desire to step up and show that they can.

I do though wonder why we aren't included in the regional rivals as we're nearly the same distance to them as UTSA and much closer than New Orleans. I know, it has more to do with their history, but still..
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

UNT is going to dominate the AAC in jazz.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      UNT is going to dominate the AAC in jazz.
      Tulane be like ...

Kung Wu say war not determine who is right, war determine who is left.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Tulane be like ...

Sorry, not even close.

UNT is to jazz in college as Buhler is to HS marching band in Kansas.
        When you believe in something, the only person that's gotta believe it is you. Everything else is for the birds.- LeVelle Moton
        Wichita is going to the rich side of town with a pack of matches and a five gallon tank of gasoline and try to burn everything to the ground

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Sorry, not even close.

Jokes dude, jokes!
          Kung Wu say war not determine who is right, war determine who is left.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Sorry, not even close.

I know this is a tangent, but Buhler's director who oversaw their marching bad success resigned last year and is now going to be at HCC. It will be interesting to see if the band can maintain their level of success under the guy who has been 2nd chair among the staff for years.

Comment

Working...
            X