Congratulations to the UCF Knights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shaqness View Post
    UCF needs to get a grip. It's easy to say you are the national champions when you don't have to beat Georgia, Alabama, Clemson, or OU. In football only the top 4 teams get in. His team wasn't the a top 4 team despite going undefeated. Plain and simple.

The AD looks like a fool when he has one undefeated season and thinks they need to change CFB playoffs. He didn't think that when his team when completely defeated a few years ago.
    You're a special kind of stupid.

Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
      It can, and should.
      You guys are clearly CBB fans. Get it? Hehe.

CFP is designed to have to best teams play against eachother. Winning the American undefeated in all, does not make you the best team (or fourth best team) by CF standards. Tough poo. If they want in the CFP they need to find a way to adhere to the standards of the CFP. CB loves a Cinderella, CFB doesn't. In the view of the committee, the 12th ranked team winning the championship is a failure.

Comment

CFP is designed to have to best teams play against eachother. Winning the American undefeated in all, does not make you the best team (or fourth best team) by CF standards. Tough poo. If they want in the CFP they need to find a way to adhere to the standards of the CFP. CB loves a Cinderella, CFB doesn't. In the view of the committee, the 12th ranked team winning the championship is a failure.
        So just who is your team?
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Do you think UCF would still be the 12th ranked team if they beat Oklahoma, Alabama, and Georgia? I'm not saying they should be considered the best team, or the 4th. I'm saying that that if they win an 8 team playoff they earn the right to call themselves the best, without much controversy.

If you respect those 3 teams, then you be able to say that an undefeated team that can beat all three back to back is a worthy title holder.

Comment

If you respect those 3 teams, then you be able to say that an undefeated team that can beat all three back to back is a worthy title holder.
            Again, this is the CBB mind. If this happened in the regular season, UCF would be the #1 team going to to CFP. But CFB specifically wants the best team top 4 teams to win it. Not the 5,6,7,8,9.

Comment

Again, this is the CBB mind. If this happened in the regular season, UCF would be the #1 team going to to CFP. But CFB specifically wants the best team top 4 teams to win it. Not the 5,6,7,8,9.
              You mean, you want the team you think is the best (let me guess, one of 3 SEC teams every year) to win it. You don't speak for "college football." If UCF wins an 8 team playoff, they are the best team.

Not sure this conversation is worth continuing. Can't discuss anything if you think you speak the word of god and everyone else is a CFB heretic.

Comment

Classic playoff 5 fan mentality. 'You only deserve a shot if your from a $ conference and nobody else should get a chance to prove how good they are.'

What an un American sentiment.

Comment

Not sure this conversation is worth continuing. .
                  I agree. You clearly don't understand how CFB rankings or CFP works. I'm not going to repeat myself.

Comment

I agree. You clearly don't understand how CFB rankings or CFP works. I'm not going to repeat myself.
                    We all understand how they work. We all disagree with the system.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

We all understand how it works. The CFP exists to benefit the playoff 5 conferences to the exclusion of everyone else.

Comment

Is dofo breeding goats in Misery? Isn’t that east of the turnpike?
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

how the CFB works, a supposedly arbitrary committee meets in a room and decides who the best teams are. kinda sounds like the AP, coaches, UPI, etc polls that used to determine the MNC. only difference is at the end of the season the best 4, as selected by a select committee, are seeded and play a playoff.

sadly they do not get the best 4 teams in, because of bias. oddly enough the team that shouldnt have been in, according to it's coach's comments last season and that it didnt have the best resume by past decisions to decide the best 4 teams, won the whole thing this year.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

We all understand how they work. We all disagree with the system.
                            Boom. Roasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Boom. Roasted.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

It's a failure unless that ranked team is from the SEC (Alabama)

Comment

• Shaqness
                                  Shaqness commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  This thread has Faded, Crown.
                              Working...
                              X