• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABC
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Michigan J. Frog?
    It's my favorite cartoon of all-time. I always wondered who can think that stuff up?

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by ABC View Post
    ABC are the initials of one of my high school nick names. I've been using it from the beginning in 1999/2000 or so. And I have had a few other usernames, but not for a decade or more. I am too mature for that nonsense now. The only one I remember is "earlinyoureye" - don't know where that came from. But earl was the first person to reveal the plan to renovate Henry Levitt Arena. Yes, that is true.
    Michigan J. Frog?

Leave a comment:

• SHOXAAC
    replied
    Originally posted by ABC View Post
    ABC are the initials of one of my high school nick names. I've been using it from the beginning in 1999/2000 or so. And I have had a few other usernames, but not for a decade or more. I am too mature for that nonsense now. The only one I remember is "earlinyoureye" - don't know where that came from. But earl was the first person to reveal the plan to renovate Henry Levitt Arena. Yes, that is true.
    "Mudinyoureye" sounds better, especially during drinking games.

Leave a comment:

• ABC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Woodrow
    replied
    Lonesome Dove character Woodrow F Call. Reminded me of the Shocker way of basketball. Tough and gritty. His famous quote "I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it" was similar to our "don't disrespect us" attitude that Coach Marshall brought with him.

Leave a comment:

• Shocker Mama
    replied
    I am the mama of a Shocker alum.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by shock View Post

I can’t complain about it. It paid for a huge chunk of my schooling and when I decided to drop off scholarship and just play for fun, I was the only non scholarship player in the jazz band. That allowed me to be a screwball and have a ton of fun with no pressure.

I’ve played some cool gigs, even played a show at the Lincoln Center, but the funnest gig was for a school donor banquet. There was an open bar and since we rehearsed before everyone showed up, we had time to kill so we drank half of the stocked liquor before the bartender got real uncool and cut us off. Probably the worst performance we ever put on, but we had a frickin blast.
    A jazz fan huh? You're getting less creepy by the minute. Keep talkin' Alaskan.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    I was late finding out about this site, so when coming up with a user name I go ShockTalk! Then I thought, "No...somebody's got to already have that name". Tried it anyway and to my surprise, I got it! Shock Talk also remined me of an old rock song, Talk Talk. Yeah, I'm old as dirt, I know.

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Band nerd. Makes sense now.

I was first chair trumpet as well (didn't play beyond Jr. High). People challenged me for my seat but I was untouchable.

And I did have a girlfriend.

I was a hockey fan (played too) and used to cause problems on a hockey board before I discovered ShockerNet in '99.

Hockey, asshole, coldblooded. Get it?
    I can’t complain about it. It paid for a huge chunk of my schooling and when I decided to drop off scholarship and just play for fun, I was the only non scholarship player in the jazz band. That allowed me to be a screwball and have a ton of fun with no pressure.

I’ve played some cool gigs, even played a show at the Lincoln Center, but the funnest gig was for a school donor banquet. There was an open bar and since we rehearsed before everyone showed up, we had time to kill so we drank half of the stocked liquor before the bartender got real uncool and cut us off. Probably the worst performance we ever put on, but we had a frickin blast.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by shock View Post
    My high school was one of the first high schools in Kansas to assign laptops to every student to the extent that they could take them home. Big mistake. When I was a junior, I enrolled in “teachers aide” for the band director which meant I slept in the band room, practiced a lot, and generally did nothing (first chair trumpet for three years had its perks. Nope, I didn’t have a girlfriend. I was pretty square). I found my way to Shockernet, typed in shock and was surprised when it was available.
    Band nerd. Makes sense now.

I was first chair trumpet as well (didn't play beyond Jr. High). People challenged me for my seat but I was untouchable.

And I did have a girlfriend.

I was a hockey fan (played too) and used to cause problems on a hockey board before I discovered ShockerNet in '99.

Hockey, asshole, coldblooded. Get it?

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    I was a pretty decent basketball player growing up. In HS, I had a couple of friends that would call me a basketball god when I got in the zone. At one point, I was dating a girl who said something along the lines of you're not God. I said, I know I'm not the God, it's more like a sub-god in a joking manner. My friends heard it and starting using it, and since I'm not the least bit creative, that's what I used when I signed up way back when. Pretty sure I was still in HS, but it may have been just after.

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    My high school was one of the first high schools in Kansas to assign laptops to every student to the extent that they could take them home. Big mistake. When I was a junior, I enrolled in “teachers aide” for the band director which meant I slept in the band room, practiced a lot, and generally did nothing (first chair trumpet for three years had its perks. Nope, I didn’t have a girlfriend. I was pretty square). I found my way to Shockernet, typed in shock and was surprised when it was available.

Leave a comment:

• wufan
    replied
    Didn’t attend WSU for an education, but attended many games throughout the early/mid 90s. Wanted something to reflect that I was not a grad and used WU for Wichita University and a play on Wushock. WuFan roles off the tongue a little better that WSUFan.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerDropOut
    replied
    <------Pretty self-explanatory.

Leave a comment:

• SHOXAAC
    replied
    I wanted a username reflecting that my views, thoughts and opinions solely belong to the smartest guy on the SN planet that applied to the SHOX and the league we play in (MVC, now AAC-thanks to Kung Wu for adding formerly known as...). You all can go to hell in a hand basket that have disproven that I am the smartest guy here (it is a long list). I still think EO, given all the resources thrown at him and waiting, did not even come close to matching all the hype. Still love the kid though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X