New to post!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to post!

Hello all! Just wanted to extend a thank you for allowing me to join!

As a life-long Shocker fan (back starting with the Cheese Johnson era as a kid), I have grown up enjoying being recognized as a "Shocker" who bleeds yellow and black. Playing any sport I could get involved with, I was fortunate enough to fulfill a dream as a basketball walk-on. And although I was ineligible to play, I wouldn't give back the experience one second with it only further solidifying my support for WU and "everything" Shockers! Thanks again for having me, look forward to sharing, and enjoying the current ride with everyone of the present success of our beloved Wichita State Shockers!!!!

Welcome 33!
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Welcome aboard! Tell us about your walk-on experience at WSU!
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

My walk-on experience was during the '91-'92 season . . . Mike Cohen's last year as head coach. I had been playing both basketball and baseball at Friends University when the school decided to eliminate my major. So, with a connection already in the program, I decided to transfer over and give it a try while completing my degree with the same major. (Wish Sport Administration was an option back then.) And even with the circumstances leading up to the transfer, I was ruled ineligible to play due to the transfer rule under the glorious and watchful eye of the NCAA! Although it was one of the teams that suffered during the '90s, it was an experience I will forever cherish . . . being able to step out on that court for practice (prior to the current practice facility), lifting weights under Kerry Rosenboom's guidance, being down on the bench during games (great seats and view by-the-way), and building relationships with both my teammates (on and off the floor) and coaches are just a few things that will always put an instant smile on my face until I die. Hey, I even had my left shoulder dislocated by a future WWE superstar . . . stories for the future grandkids some day! Once Scott Thompson arrived, he felt my presence wasn't needed, so I completed my degree, graduated, and moved on into this thing we call life! However, awesome time . . . great memories!!!!

Comment

I love it! I bet we could share some stories about Michael Wiggins. Bahahahaha!
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

hello I'm new here, just moved on to Wichita 2 months ago, nice to see you all :D

Comment

• ShockerPhi
              ShockerPhi commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol what happened here? Familiar IP address or something?
          Working...
          X