Maintenance - 05/15/2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance - 05/15/2020

Had a pretty heavy upgrade to do today. It went a little weird, so please report back if things are broken.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

So far, so good... checked in after lunch and couldn't access the site. Started to get "tweaked" out...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I keep getting text boxes that pop up after I click on a New Topic then come back to new topics screen. I am on an XR, iOS 13.4.1. C7DB92B6-5C43-4C51-B05C-E273952231F8.png

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
        I keep getting text boxes that pop up after I click on a New Topic then come back to new topics screen. I am on an XR, iOS 13.4.1. C7DB92B6-5C43-4C51-B05C-E273952231F8.png
        Same here...

Comment

Okay it may be a bit before I can test it -- no Apple products around here at the moment. But I will definitely take a look.

Maybe if another geek on Shockernet has access to an iPhone or iPad they could help troubleshoot?

Comment

Sorry for the interruption there for the last 20 minutes!

WstateU I haven't forgot your iOS issue either -- I just haven't been near an Apple device to check it out yet.

Comment

We are struggling to reproduce this on an iPhone, but we may not be understanding exactly what you are doing. Just to make sure:

1) You are clicking the hamburger menu and selecting New Topics,
              2) then clicking on one of the topics, and
              3) then going back to the hamburger menu and select New Topics again, and
              4) that's when you see some popups overlaying the list of topics?

Your screen grab is small enough I can't make it out. What's in the popup? Something related to the topic?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

We are struggling to reproduce this on an iPhone, but we may not be understanding exactly what you are doing. Just to make sure:

1) You are clicking the hamburger menu and selecting New Topics,
                2) then clicking on one of the topics, and
                3) then going back to the hamburger menu and select New Topics again, and
                4) that's when you see some popups overlaying the list of topics?

Your screen grab is small enough I can't make it out. What's in the popup? Something related to the topic?
                Not positive, but I think it was the first part of the post in the pop up. I have much more luck posting from my Windows 10 desktop at my office. Honestly, I’ve always struggled to post gifs, memes, tweets and photos with my iPhone or iPad (I’m sure some of you are thankful). I’ve just about given up posting anything but text (like I’m doing now). Windows 10 is a snap (much more user friendly for an older fart) and I’m old school and pretty efficient with a mouse. My preferred way of computing.

I don’t want to complain because I thoroughly enjoy this site and appreciate what you do... it’s awesome and helps me keep my sanity.

Concerning iPhone and iPad, great technology, but I have to admit there are times when I’d like to dig up (assuming he wasn’t cremated) Steve Jobs and kick him square in the grapes. $hit, why can’t windows and Apple have some kind of consistency. F$&k! Guess I’m just out of touch.

Comment

What browser do you guys use for iPhone? Safari? Have you tried Microsoft Edge for Apple IOS? I haven't had any problems with Edge on Android. It works pretty much the same as Edge on Windows 10.

Edit: It looks like Microsoft is using the same browser engine that Safari uses for IOS, so it might not make any difference whether you use Safari or Edge. Or you can just use Chrome for IOS.
                  Last edited by 1979Shocker; May 20, 2020, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    What browser do you guys use for iPhone? Safari? Have you tried Microsoft Edge for Apple IOS? I haven't had any problems with Edge on Android. It works pretty much the same as Edge on Windows 10.

Edit: It looks like Microsoft is using the same browser engine that Safari uses for IOS, so it might not make any difference whether you use Safari or Edge. Or you can just use Chrome for IOS.
                    I have the same issue using Chrome on iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

I have tried Firefox and Safari. Got same thing on both.

Comment

I have tried Firefox and Safari. Got same thing on both.
                        Is this still happening?

Comment

WstateU ... is this still happening on your mobile device?

Comment

Is this still happening?
                            No more text boxes, which was the major concern. Still doesn’t refresh to new list of unread topics, but I can manage that.

Kung Wu Thank you again, for all you do!

Comment

WstateU ... is this still happening on your mobile device?
                              Haven’t had any issues this evening. I’ll let you know if I see anything wacky. Thx!

Comment

Working...
                              X