I hate scalpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate scalpers

I understand selling tickets if you have them and are unable to attend specific games, but Section 120, row 30 and Section 113, row 32 have tickets available on Stub Hub for every game with big markups over face value. I like buying tickets from other fans that can't use them for specific games (although I like it more when I'm lucky enough to get the free ones from work :)), but I hope I'm never in a situation where the only way I can go to a game that I really want to attend is to shove money into these greedy A-hole's pockets.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

I'm just going to put this out there. I only looked at 1 game, the SC St game on Stub Hub. I found 3 sections with tickets. 1 section near the top is $199, which is ridiculous and would validate your argument. However the other 2 sets of tickets were $59.99 and $79.99ea. I have never sold on stub hub, but I can tell you that my seats cost me right at $48ea. Add stubhub fees and I think you are going to find most of those tickets in the upper portion of the arena should be in the $60-$80 range. Everyone wants to claim 'face value', but it is completely irrelevant when we season ticket holders are forced to make SASO donations to obtain our seats. Therefore the face value of the ticket is roughly half of what the actual cost of the ticket is.

Sorry, not picking on you. I just see this rant pop up once or twice a year from people and I want to make sure everyone realizes the full cost of the tickets. And no, the tax deductible portion of the SASO donation does not amount to JACK for most of us.
    -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by Slalomshocker View Post
      I'm just going to put this out there. I only looked at 1 game, the SC St game on Stub Hub. I found 3 sections with tickets. 1 section near the top is $199, which is ridiculous and would validate your argument. However the other 2 sets of tickets were $59.99 and $79.99ea. I have never sold on stub hub, but I can tell you that my seats cost me right at $48ea. Add stubhub fees and I think you are going to find most of those tickets in the upper portion of the arena should be in the $60-$80 range. Everyone wants to claim 'face value', but it is completely irrelevant when we season ticket holders are forced to make SASO donations to obtain our seats. Therefore the face value of the ticket is roughly half of what the actual cost of the ticket is.

Sorry, not picking on you. I just see this rant pop up once or twice a year from people and I want to make sure everyone realizes the full cost of the tickets. And no, the tax deductible portion of the SASO donation does not amount to JACK for most of us.
      I understand what you're saying. And that $59-$79 price tag is not what I was referring to. My apologies if it came across that way. When I looked, there were seats for $199 and $349. I don't remember which site I saw that on. I just looked at Stub Hub for a Loyola game during the season and the Section 120 ticket is $99, which may be still above face value plus SASO, and may not, but at least understandable. In the upper reaches of the arena, there are some for $79 and some for $349. The $199 and $349 tickets that I saw when I first looked are the ones that caused my post.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

It didn't come across in a bad way. You are 100% correct than anything north of $100 is ridiculous and $349 is absurd! I just want to make sure anyone that reads it understands that while technical face value of the ticket might be less than asking price, there are other costs added in as well. It seems to come up 1-2 times a year that someone will post on here complaining about people scalping tickets, when in reality most season ticket holders are just trying to break even.
        -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

I don't understand how people are posting the tickets if they aren't available to sell yet (at least mine aren't).

Comment

For a point of reference I am at $76.50 per game ticket face value and SASO (row 19). Once Stub Hub adds their percentage it could get close to $100 per ticket.

Comment

Scalpers be like:
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I don't foresee those scalpers prices holding up this season. I'm guessing if you're patient then the prices will soften substantially. Or maybe I'm completely wrong which could be a good thing.
                Last edited by BostonWu; October 21, 2016, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Considering I have had zero inquiries on my season ticket for sale, I would agree.

Comment

Working...
                  X