No announcement yet.

Legalize marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Until recently, many people on here believed that marijuana is a perfectly safe drug that people and kids can use without consequences. At least, many more realize that it can be a dangerous drug, that should be monitored by any concerned parents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      Until recently, many people on here believed that marijuana is a perfectly safe drug that people and kids can use without consequences. At least, many more realize that it can be a dangerous drug, that should be monitored by any concerned parents.
      Were there any parents on here that were good with their kids smoking weed?
      Last edited by wufan; July 1, 2022, 01:28 PM.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        I did not read all articles posted in their entirety, so am open to missing key data, but I do not believe that there is a causative link to chronic psychosis associated with marijuana. That said, it doesn’t matter to me…
        Just for completeness in case anybody else cares (feel free to ignore it), here is one recent journal article concluding "THC in cannabis has a small causative effect on schizophrenia":

Based on these quick reads, I really am concerned that further research is going to show that long term dope usage is more serious than most people understand. Whether or not that's enough for society to reject or accept it as a fact of life probably won't matter as the new tax streams come on line. Politicians will defend marijuana to the death as they get their claws deeper and deeper into that revenue stream.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Just for completeness in case anybody else cares (feel free to ignore it), here is one recent journal article concluding "THC in cannabis has a small causative effect on schizophrenia":

Based on these quick reads, I really am concerned that further research is going to show that long term dope usage is more serious than most people understand. Whether or not that's enough for society to reject or accept it as a fact of life probably won't matter as the new tax streams come on line. Politicians will defend marijuana to the death as they get their claws deeper and deeper into that revenue stream.
          FYI…any hallucination is categorized as schizophrenia.

From a reference in the article:

Substance-Induced psychotic disorders are recognized by the DSM-5 and are placed in the category of Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders. Substance-Induced psychotic disorders related to practically all substances of abuse can be described using this diagnosis [22] (pp 110–115)

A diagnosis of Cannabis-Induced Psychotic Disorder is given when one or both of hallucinations and delusions are present,

Livin the dream

Comment

Were there any parents on here that were good with their kids smoking weed?
            I’m not sure.

I’ve heard lots of people say (at work, on television, etc) that weed is harmless, but most of them aren’t on Shockernet, so I’m not sure how many this information helps. The lady I brought up on here whose son committed suicide (from Colorado) said herself she saw her son using Marijuana a lot, and she told herself to not worry. She regretted that she had failed to confront him more after losing him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I’m not sure.

I’ve heard lots of people say (at work, on television, etc) that weed is harmless, but most of them aren’t on Shockernet, so I’m not sure how many this information helps. The lady I brought up on here whose son committed suicide (from Colorado) said herself she saw her son using Marijuana a lot, and she told herself to not worry. She regretted that she had failed to confront him more after losing him.
              Suicide is victimless so it doesn’t matter.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

FYI…any hallucination is categorized as schizophrenia.

From a reference in the article:

Substance-Induced psychotic disorders are recognized by the DSM-5 and are placed in the category of Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders. Substance-Induced psychotic disorders related to practically all substances of abuse can be described using this diagnosis [22] (pp 110–115)

A diagnosis of Cannabis-Induced Psychotic Disorder is given when one or both of hallucinations and delusions are present,
                I wish the DSM-5 would just flat out tell me what I can mix in my wife's drink to give a high probability of making me look attractive.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• I lost (for the most part) a sister and it all started with weed. A good friend too has destroyed his life due to weed (both had additional issues, no doubt but they are both incapable of a productive life because of heavy use).

And I don't care who uses, EXCEPT when they become criminal or dependent on society. And you know that happens.

Want to smoke weed? No prob. Sign away all government related claims for life outside of earned SS benefits. Then you can spark up all you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Suicide DOES matter! No idea why it’s criminalized. It’s not like the successful or the unsuccessful are prosecuted.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Yes it's a sad thing when it happens to a parent. The parents are bound to blame themselves, and fortunately, this Laura Stack found a way to atone for her son's memory. While I haven't had a friend whose child died from suicide, I have known parents whose kids died from a drug overdose from heroin/oxycontin, and they were devastated. They were great parents, and have a faith that wins for them in the long run, but his siblings didn't know either, and they all blamed themselves. He tried the drug one time, and was hooked from then on, and couldn't overcome the peaks and valleys afterward. They thought he was getting better, but demons that come into a human body from powerful drugs like that are very difficult to overcome. Some do, but many/most don't.

Comment

Suicide DOES matter! No idea why it’s criminalized. It’s not like the successful or the unsuccessful are prosecuted.
                        Sorry Wufan. You make a lot of sense much of the time, but who cares if this is criminalized. Like you said, no one gets prosecuted. It's just sad event for families when it happens.

Comment

• Apparently they do prosecute it.

Arthur’s story speaks to a troubling tendency in the legal system, reform advocates say: to treat mental health crises as criminal matters, rather than matters of public health.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Question: Would he had been prosecuted had he not had/used a firearm or illegal substance?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Question: Would he had been prosecuted had he not had/used a firearm or illegal substance?
                              Don’t know. There were several articles, I just picked one. Even still, why not prosecute for firearms use alone? Why throw the other charges on top?
                              Livin the dream

Comment

I don't think they were prosecuting the suicide, unless this map/chart on where suicide is legal and illegal is wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicid...egislation.svg

Red is Suicide and Assisted Suicide is Illegal - Mainly Middle East
                                Green is Suicide legal, and Assisted Suicide Illegal - Mainly midwest and South United States
                                Blue is Suicide and Assisted Suicide Legal - Mainly west Coast US. and Canada

Comment

Working...
                                X