Legalize marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

The “pot is different” argument is as effective as “alcohol is different”. It’s not in any substantial way. They are all the same and should be legal.
    So you are for legalizing all drugs?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Wow. Such hostility. If you think pot and opium are the same or similar, than I will agree to disagree whether you do or not. I am not a zealot for the legalization of pot. The article you posted described the poppy to opium process as "manufactured" - so take it up with the author.

If you find my "plant" distinction as weak, that is certainly fair. But pot and opium are far from the same thing. I certainly don't think you are an ass or moron for not agreeing.

Do you think this author is a moron are an ass? Opium vs. Weed - What's the Difference? (willowspringsrecovery.com)
      I think red is a better color than yellow because yellow is in the UV spectrum of absorbable. If you disagree, I will just dismiss it.

But yellow and red are both in the visible spectrum making my argument null and void. That is the equivalent of what you are saying.

If I present you with a lie and if you don’t believe it, then we just differ on opinion? NO. You are either a liar or an idiot. It’s as if you’ve never given this any thought at all. Maybe I will ask my 9 year old his opinion on biophysical chemistry, and if he comes up with a different answer than me, I will just be like, hmmm that’s interesting? I never thought of it like that? SMH

The author of that article is probably dead because it was from the 1860s.

Holy ****ing ****! Per the article you posted opium has been around for over 3000 years. It must be super natural being that old. All the processing the ancients put into it must make it bad for us!

Yes, opium and marijuana are different in how they effect your body. They are both harvested plants that are dried and smoked. How does that make one bad and one good?
      Livin the dream

Comment

So you are for legalizing all drugs?
        Yes. The question at hand is whether or not an individual has agency to decide for themselves or if that individual requires a greater power (government) to decide for them.

In my opinion, choice is a natural right so long as it doesn’t cause harm to another person.

Now when you get into the argument of SHOULD an individual make such a choice, my opinion differs, but it is not my right to enforce my will on those that differ in their choice.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Marijuana isn't just a recreational drug for hippies and philosophy majors -- its psychoactive history ranges from Egyptian mummies to modern U.S. politics. What's the big deal about this leafy, green plant?

Here’s an article that talks about marijuana processing. I guess it can’t be natural.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Here’s an article that says opium is natural. It comes from nature and is therefore not processed or manufactured and is all good for all people.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• WstateU The most disappointing thing about this thread is the lack of Cheech and Chong GIFs by you

Comment

Great article. Thanks for sharing. I certainly learned quite a bit.
                Yes when I started reading it, I thought it was just another Harvard egghead detached from reality. However, his answers solve some misnomers and create curiosity as to where we go from here on the issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  WstateU The most disappointing thing about this thread is the lack of Cheech and Chong GIFs by you
                  I agree.
                  559241438a7e5eb07661d46d77f82206.jpg
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Responsible people could probably live in a society where all drugs were legal, but how many potheads do you know that are responsible?
                    I know quite a few
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                      If these are the defined potheads (heavy daily and maybe twice a day users), I would say not very many are responsible. If we are talking occasional users, a good number are probably responsible. It is possible that people who have severe medical issues and use, it may help them be responsible. However, I don’t personally know anyone in that category.

Comment

• I will admit, I have tried the Mary Jane gummies to help me sleep when sick or just needing to get a good nights rest. Has to be the indica ones though. Worked great with no side effects. Haven't done it habitually or anything and it was recommended by my neighbor who is a physician. Just my story. Probably not for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                          I will admit, I have tried the Mary Jane gummies to help me sleep when sick or just needing to get a good nights rest. Has to be the indica ones though. Worked great with no side effects. Haven't done it habitually or anything and it was recommended by my neighbor who is a physician. Just my story. Probably not for everyone.
                          Well you're obviously irresponsible. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

Well you're obviously irresponsible. ;-)
                            Well you know us pot heads...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Well you know us pot heads...
                              Can one BE a pothead from gummies?
                              Doesn't seem very Jeff Spicoli-like.

Comment

• Screenshot_20210119-220749_Facebook.jpg
                                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X