No announcement yet.

Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strong SOTU... very strong. Pelosi looked so weak. Watching her attempt to "lead" the merry band of murderers as they broke rank leaping to their feet after succumbing to the Trump Effect was sympathy inducing. Her attempts at looking disinterested came across as early stage dementia. There were even times when she forgot to sit down. I really thought somebody was going to have to come by and help her back to her chair.

The charge to 2020 has officially begun. Trump - strong; opposition - very weak.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      Early stage? Trust me, I've seen that look before.

• I saw 2 polls last night, one that said 76% of viewers liked the speech. The other has 97% GOP 81% Independents and maybe 37% Dems liked the speech. But listen to the vast majority of the media and the speech was an unmitigated disaster. There might be a slight disconnect. Just sayin'.

Comment

• As long as the President's focus leading into 2020 continues to be the "working-class's" concern with footin' the bill, he'll win in a romp.

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; February 6, 2019, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      I saw 2 polls last night, one that said 76% of viewers liked the speech. The other has 97% GOP 81% Independents and maybe 37% Dems liked the speech. But listen to the vast majority of the media and the speech was an unmitigated disaster. There might be a slight disconnect. Just sayin'.

Just watching these guys fumblin' & mumblin" was the best part of the night.

Comment

• Petulant child comes to mind when considering a caption for this.

T

Comment

• And hereeeeeeeeeeeeee we go!

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff announced Wednesday a broad investigation his committee would undertake “beyond Russia” into whether President Donald Trump’s financial interests are driving his actions.

Schiff said the investigation would "allow us to investigate any credible allegation that financial interests or other interests are driving decision-making of the President or anyone in the administration."

"That pertains to any credible allegations of leverage by the Russians or the Saudis or anyone else," Schiff told reporters after the House Intelligence Committee's first meeting in the new Congress.
          LoL!

The U.S. Department of Justice is yet again investigating the corrupt Bill, Hillary, and Chelsea Clinton Foundation, this time over alleged “pay to play” activities that took place while Hillary Clinton was the nation’s secretary of state. Clinton, a…

T

Comment

• Every once in a while a speech is so effective and powerful it changes the trajectory of history. President Trump’s 2019 State of the Union address was that kind of speech.

The emotions of Tuesday night matched anything President Reagan achieved in his addresses to Congress. From the early mentions of people in the gallery – which were guaranteed to get even the Democrats to stand and applaud – to spontaneously singing "Happy Birthday" to a Holocaust and 2018 synagogue shooting survivor to chanting “USA! USA!,” the total performance and interaction with the members of Congress was vastly more powerful than the words on paper.

Furthermore, the delivery was presidential. The president interacted with the Democrats in a positive and cheerful way, which bodes well for bipartisan legislative initiatives for the rest of this year. By one count, the president was interrupted 98 times with applause. Both the left-wing Democrats and the never Trump Republicans found themselves standing and applauding again and again.
            However, CBS found widespread approval for Trump’s State of the Union. Among independents, 82 percent approved. Democrats only gave 30 percent approval while Republicans (as might be expected) gave the speech 97 percent approval.

The 97 percent approval among Republicans, when combined with the 90-10 Trump over Kasich numbers from a recent Emerson College poll of Iowa voters, should end all serious talk of someone challenging him for the Republican nomination in 2020. He may have been an outsider in 2016, but today President Trump is the Republican Party (a fact which makes his relationship with some senators a little difficult).

This speech was designed to move toward unity and bipartisanship – and 56 percent of the viewers thought it will “do more to unite the country”.

Beyond tone, the CBS poll had very good news for President Trump on his issue positions.

On immigration, speech watchers agreed with Trump by 72 percent to 28 percent.

On American troops and the Middle East strategy, speech watchers were with Trump by 74 percent to 26 percent.

An amazing 71 percent of the speech-watchers agreed with the president that there was a crisis on the southern border.

When the president explained the upcoming second meeting with Kim Jong Un, 78 percent of the watchers thought it was a good idea. Even 43 percent of the Democrats liked the idea of the meeting.

The president entered the House chamber embattled with a divided country and bitter partisanship. He left it with a lot more humor and happiness. The ice may be breaking on bitter partisanship.

T

Comment

• Ummm... Houston, we have a problem.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...hholding-trump

I do believe President Trump has just sealed his fate in 2020. This yuge mistake will likely make him a one-termer. Kinda funny how it wasn't Mueller or Libtard Nation that ended up getting him but his very own Speaker, Paul Ryan.

I am officially depressed.

Whelp; at least we got the Supreme Court Justices. Here's to RBG going tits up within the next year.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                Ummm... Houston, we have a problem.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...hholding-trump

I do believe President Trump has just sealed his fate in 2020. This yuge mistake will likely make him a one-termer. Kinda funny how it wasn't Mueller or Libtard Nation that ended up getting him but his very own Speaker, Paul Ryan.

I am officially depressed.

Whelp; at least we got the Supreme Court Justices. Here's to RBG going tits up within the next year.

T

Nah... Never underestimate the stupidity of his '20 challengers. It was Plato who announced "Whom the gods would destroy they first make mad."

Their hatred will be their downfall.

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; February 9, 2019, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• I wonder if anyone celebrating the 76% mark have looked at other SOTU ratings. High approval of these is the rule, not the exception. Clinton got 84% and 83%, Bush got 92/94/84/76% in his first term and /86/75/78% in his second, Obama got 92/78/84/77 in his first term and 76/81/73% in his second, and Trump got 70% last year. Out of 21 results, only Obama's 73% and Bush's 75% fall below Trump's mark this year. Trump's mark last year was the lowest of any President.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                    C0|dB|00ded commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pretty amazing considering he's the most maligned present by the "free press" in the history of American presidents.

T

• Rasmussen has Trump's approval rating up to 52%

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Rasmussen has Trump's approval rating up to 52%
                    That’s amongst “likely” voters.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Anyone here that the lower tax refund issue of late is going to hurt Trump? People may like what he's selling up until the point he starts messing with their money. All those people on the fence about him, not getting a refund may be enough to compel them to hop over onto the Democrat side of the fence.

Comment

• jdmee
                        jdmee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Why do I want a tax refund? That is just giving the Government a free loan.

• wufan
                        wufan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I don’t think that will be the case, but who knows.

• SB Shock
                        SB Shock commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Revenant - do you struggle with math?

• anyone with half a brain would pull out their last three tax returns and divide TOTAL TAX (line 63) by their TOTAL INCOME (line 22) to get their effective income tax rate. do this for the orior three years and you may be surprised. mine has gone down from 23% to 22.7% to 20.8%. while my income has gone up 11%, 9% and 8% years over year. yes the total dollars in is up but the ratio is down. you know, gotta support those that outlive their means and the single moms.

basing your attitude on the size of the refund is ludacris. its white trash math. i’d lay money most of the whiners are at 10% or substantially less amd do owe less than prior years.
                      Last edited by abdullah_sharif; February 13, 2019, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                        1972Shocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Many moons ago I did my brother-in-law's joint return. The received a smaller refund than the previous year and his wife was pissed at me. Never mind that their tax rate and tax liability were about the same as the previous year (maybe lower - it's been a long time) plus I had nothing to do with how much tax was paid during the year through withholding and estimates. I tried to explain that the reason the refund was lower was the amount they paid in during year was lower.

The bottom line is they never asked me to prepare their returns again (Thank You Sweet Jesus) and yes his wife is at the lower end of the white trash mental scale.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 13, 2019, 09:35 PM.

• WstateU
                        WstateU commented
                        Editing a comment
                        https://media.giphy.com/media/ZjnPYmdEjnSXC/giphy.gif

• shockfan89_
                        shockfan89_ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It is frightening to me that people are willing to give away 10% or 20% of their income and don't even seem to understand the process. Maybe they just expected a refund because the tax cut made so many headlines, but the "tax cut" was given to people throughout the year in the form of increased paychecks starting 2/1/18.

• got it fixed. typing on an ipad at the gym is not a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                      X