Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every Atlanta Braves fan is a racist.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Every Bradley Braves fan is an idiot.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Are Chiefs fans racist?

Comment

• Nuance. Please? Just even an ounce of nuance?

It's all about context. Nothing wrong with asking someone if they would like some watermelon or fried chicken. If you and a group of your 25 closest white friends start chanting at a group of black people, "would you like some watermelon or fried chicken?" well, I'd hope we can agree that's, at best, racially charged.

Again, I'll rescind my earlier post if someone can prove the Colonels use the Tomahawk Chop regularly at games. I reserve the right to demand a lengthy explanation as to why on earth that would ever be a school chant, but I'll definitely rescind my first comment.

Comment

• wufan
            wufan commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s not necessary to show it’s a school chant...it was not what I was describing.

• This shouldn't even be a discussion. The BI folks were the racist instigators. The Catholic teens were the innocent bystanders. The Native American said he wanted to calm both sides, but as stated he got in the face of a white teen beating his drum inches from his face. If he would have done that to the BIs he would have been knocked out. The teens should not receive any blame in this event, they were by far the most innocent.

If the Native American would have done that to me, he wouldn't have received near as mature a response as he got from the teenage boy. Those teenagers should be commended for having fun with the situation and deescalating the situation when all of the adults appeared to want to escalate it.

Comment

• Simple question, if the actions of the youths were so offensive, and brings them into question, surely anyone that supports any team that uses a tomahawk chop is a racist. Based on jd's questioning of the youth, all Chiefs fans are repugnant racists!

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
              Nuance. Please? Just even an ounce of nuance?

It's all about context. Nothing wrong with asking someone if they would like some watermelon or fried chicken. If you and a group of your 25 closest white friends start chanting at a group of black people, "would you like some watermelon or fried chicken?" well, I'd hope we can agree that's, at best, racially charged.

Again, I'll rescind my earlier post if someone can prove the Colonels use the Tomahawk Chop regularly at games. I reserve the right to demand a lengthy explanation as to why on earth that would ever be a school chant, but I'll definitely rescind my first comment.
              You don't allow nuance and therefore, neither will I. You have a long history of ignoring nuance, now when you are the wrong side of a debate, and it's obvious, you ask for nuance?

The nuance would be to understand that these were teenagers, and when confronted as they were, to allow a bit of latitude based on age and experience. You instead, chose to question. I wonder what you would say if your 16 year-old was unfairly put in this situation, didn't injure or kill anyone, but instead smiled, while others did something as evil as a tomahawk chop. I wonder if you would be upset if someone then threatened your kid with violence by offering free blow jobs to anyone that would attack your kid.

Comment

• Nuance.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

You don't allow nuance and therefore, neither will I. You have a long history of ignoring nuance
                  Yeah that sounds like me. Alright, see ya later. Sorry I accused you of being passionate about this topic.

Comment

• I don't think Amy Carter was fair game. Neither should have been the Bush girls, or Chelsea Clinton or the Obama girls. All of them made mistakes. For the most part, the media gave them passes. The media failed occasionally, but for the most part, realized they were kids. The media and the left really struggle giving Barron Trump a pass, in fact, they often fail. The left, including jd, now want us to question the character of a group of teenagers that were verbally attacked by two liberal groups, simply because of a benign hand jesture used at many ballparks across the country.

How's that for nuance?

Comment

Yeah that sounds like me. Alright, see ya later. Sorry I accused you of being passionate about this topic.
                      Not passionate about the topic, just saw you being you on a topic you would have been best served by avoiding. The facts weren't on your side, public opinion is changing on this very topic and the media is backing away from the story. You made an error in questioning a bunch of teenagers that had began their day minding their own business. For that you chose to wrestle with a pig.

Comment

• I stand by my Bradley Brave comment.

Comment

Without getting into any of the other details, you truly believe a school whose mascot is the "Colonels" would have the "Tomahawk Chop" as one of their chants? I think you're overstating the innocence of the teenagers' side.
                          That happened later. They started doing the Tomahawk Chop after Nathan Phillips started beating his drum. Mr. Phillips said they were doing racist things and surrounded him. They were doing school cheers and he entered their group and beat the drum for ~ 10 min. For ~ 1 min of that time they did the Tomahawk chop...but narrative.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• There is an analysis of current media: if the right does something wrong, the story is that their actions are appalling. If the left does something wrong, then the reaction of the right is appalling.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• While demonstrators chanted and played ceremonial drums, protesters at a rally led by Nathan Phillips attempted Jan. 19 to enter Washington, DC’s National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception during a Saturday evening Mass.

Yeah, I think we really need to scrutinize a bunch of teenagers and ignore the peaceful, non-disruptive, Native American. This guy is a class act, just ask jd. We need to focus all of our efforts on a bunch of troublemaking teens. Ask jd, they ain't saints, probably a bunch of violent, hateful racists. These kids, while being taunted repeatedly, had the audacity to smile, chant school cheers, and OHMYGOD they tomahawk chopped! Let's scrutinize these troublemakers, label them and keep them from going to college or having any semblance of a successful life!

Comment

Working...
                              X