Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL!

The population of the entire state of freaking Oklahoma is at least 1/1024th American Indian!

I'm not sure why Warren released this information. It is not a good look if she's trying to prove the point in a way most American's look at it.

This angle would even make the "one drop" racists of a century ago blush.

Comment

• 85312226.jpg
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Don't mean to sound crass, but for one to call themselves a Native American or anything close to that, they better have a hell of a lot more recent ancestry than she's showing up with and this comes from a family history that has a lot more than her. It's one thing to be proud of your family history and its diversity (which most of us have if your ancestors came here 150-200 years plus). However, don't think for a minute that the minuscule amount of DNA she has floating around allows her to "empathize" while others may only be able to sympathize with Native Americans or any other nationality or race. Probably a lot more skinheads out there with more Black in them than she has Native American.

Besides, Trump said Indian. Correctly understood or spoken (not saying he understood anything) that would mean Asian Indian. She best start diggin' around in her roots further to win that bet.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        His reference to Pocahontas clearly indicates he was talking about American Indians.

Indeed, her desire to publicize a possible speck of Indian blood running through her veins could be very offensive to real Indians where many struggle yet today in their communities. The entire point of mentioning diversity in your ancestry is to attempt to glean some multiracial goodwill which is rooted in sympathy. Coming from someone privileged like Warren appears classless at best, identify theft/walking on graves at worst.

Trump knows what to do with this. Like he said, she would be easy to beat.

T

...:cool:

• The average human has between 1 and 4% DNA shared with Neanderthals.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Last edited by ShockingButTrue; October 16, 2018, 07:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        Besides, Trump said Indian. Correctly understood or spoken (not saying he understood anything) that would mean Asian Indian. She best start diggin' around in her roots further to win that bet.
        It's not like there's some legally binding agreement out there that would cause someone to be able to force Trump to pay up. He said "we will say..." prior to issuing the bet so it's all hypothetical, but the fact that he said "Indian" is almost certainly not one of the loopholes that would stop him from being forced to pay up. We can be 100% certain what he was referring to, albeit in an outdated, imprecise, and slightly offensive manner. But, that's par for the course for this guy. The funnier thing is that he's denying he ever issued the bet in the first place.

Honestly, it's just disgusting how crass and offensive he can be. By the way, The Boston Globe has an excellent article from last month detailing how Warren has never received preferential treatment for listing herself as a minority. But this does highlight why it's so silly for Democrats to try to play by his set of rules. He spews some crazy set of lies (she never would've been at Harvard without lying about being Native American. I'd pay $1m to charity if she takes the DNA test, etc.). And then she releases a DNA test that literally shows she has Native American ancestry, and Trump moves the goal posts and his supporters say it's not enough Native American ancestry.

Comment

• ShockCrazy
          ShockCrazy commented
          Editing a comment
          He's crass and an idiot, but I honestly don't understand what she thought she was going to accomplish. We all remember the birther thing right? Releasing this was a stupid idea with literally no upside. It could have come back saying she's 100% Native American and he'd come up with some stupid excuse or narrative, reality doesn't matter.

• Kung Wu
          Kung Wu commented
          Editing a comment
          Crass yes, but definitely not an idiot.

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          I knew what he meant (Indian = Native American) and about calling her Pocahontas. Just giving "Pocahontas" a hard time and that she might have a better chance saying she's "Indian" if she looked for Asian Indian DNA, because she certainly not Native American enough to win that bet. Tribes have different levels they use, but I believe most consider 1/4, some down to 1/16. She a far shot from this, so no moving the goal posts.
          Also, see @SHOCKvalue's post #5190.

• Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post

It's not like there's some legally binding agreement out there that would cause someone to be able to force Trump to pay up. He said "we will say..." prior to issuing the bet so it's all hypothetical, but the fact that he said "Indian" is almost certainly not one of the loopholes that would stop him from being forced to pay up. We can be 100% certain what he was referring to, albeit in an outdated, imprecise, and slightly offensive manner. But, that's par for the course for this guy. The funnier thing is that he's denying he ever issued the bet in the first place.

Honestly, it's just disgusting how crass and offensive he can be. By the way, The Boston Globe has an excellent article from last month detailing how Warren has never received preferential treatment for listing herself as a minority. But this does highlight why it's so silly for Democrats to try to play by his set of rules. He spews some crazy set of lies (she never would've been at Harvard without lying about being Native American. I'd pay $1m to charity if she takes the DNA test, etc.). And then she releases a DNA test that literally shows she has Native American ancestry, and Trump moves the goal posts and his supporters say it's not enough Native American ancestry.
          You're missin' a lot of facts here bub. He didn't offer her $1 million to take the test, he said he'd pay her if she turned out to be "Indian". Do you think her test results conclude she's "Indian"?

Here are the facts. For an extended period of time — at a key point in her professional life — Warren identified herself as a Native American woman. She listed herself as Native American on a key legal directory reviewed by deans and hiring committees. Former employers — such as the University of Pennsylvania and Harvard Law School — listed Warren as a minority faculty member. Harvard Law School even trumpeted her as the school’s first tenured “woman of color.”

Warren contributed to a Native American recipe book called — I kid you not — “Pow Wow Chow.” She has told people that her parents eloped because her father’s parents said he couldn’t marry her mother “because she is part Cherokee and part Delaware.”

In the progressive academy, misrepresenting your heritage is no small thing. In the early 1990s, Harvard was under immense pressure to diversify its faculty. I know. I was there. I remember the sit-ins, the demonstrations, and the tension that pervaded campus. I remember Warren when she came to campus as a visiting professor.
          But what did the results actually say? It turns out that they confirm the conservative critique. Her ancestry is so remote — six to ten generations removed — that she could not plausibly claim Native American status in any job application. It would constitute résumé fraud. And she could not plausibly claim membership in a Native American tribe.

In fact, at the far end of the range — if her Native American ancestor is ten generations removed — then she is only 1/1024 Native American. By that measure, “white” Americans are also commonly black, and black American are also commonly white. It turns out that at least some mixing is routine in American racial groups. In 2014, the New York Times reported on the results of a massive DNA study and found that “European-Americans had genomes that were on average 98.6 percent European, .19 percent African, and .18 Native American.” Black Americans were “73.2 percent African. European genes accounted for 24 percent of their DNA, while .8 percent came from Native Americans.”

In other words, Elizabeth Warren isn’t a Cherokee. She’s a relatively normal White American — a person with some bit of mixing somewhere in their distant past. How distant? If you move to the older end of the generation range, her Native American ancestor could predate the founding of the country.
          Mucho B.S.

Pocahontas is a fraud.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• I and I believe most of America find Warrens claims of native American heritage laughable.

I find it even more hilarious that she believes and progressive shills believe that her DNA test backs up her claim....

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• It is funny how you complain about Trumps "lies" yet you come out and say

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

And then she releases a DNA test that literally shows she has Native American ancestry, and Trump moves the goal posts and his supporters say it's not enough Native American ancestry.
              What does the person who did the test say

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/15/polit...can/index.html
              Carlos Bustamante states "The facts suggest that you absolutely have a Native American ancestor in your pedigree."
              Note how he doesn't come out and say it literally shows that she has Native American ancestry but the tests suggest.

and what does the Cherokee Nation say about it

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/1656463002/
              "A DNA test is useless to determine tribal citizenship," Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin Jr. said in a statement. "Current DNA tests do not even distinguish whether a person’s ancestors were indigenous to North or South America."

Indeed, the genetic analysis report released by Warren concedes that because there are not samples available from many North American groups, the senator's DNA was compared against samples from Mexico, Peru and Colombia. Most Native American groups in the U.S. have declined to participate in recent genetic studies, the report said.
              So not only does this definitive proof not distinguish if it was North or South American, it doesn't even compare with Native American DNA.

Hardly the literal proof that is being spouted.

I also find it hard to believe that her parents had to elope because her Great Great Great Great Great Grandparent was a native American.

Comment

• jdshock
                jdshock commented
                Editing a comment
                How can you say "the facts suggest that you absolutely have a Native American ancestor" is different from saying "a DNA test that literally shows she has Native American ancestry?" He does not say "the tests suggest." He says "the FACTS suggest you ABSOLUTELY."

But yeah, like I said... Trump says "you're not an Indian and I'll give $1m if you can prove it." She releases proof that it is in her ancestry. And now Trump supporters are saying it's not a high enough percentage.

Personally, I'd be appalled if someone I supported used the term "Pocahontas" to slam someone who claims to have Native American ancestry (and shows they have Native American ancestry... though, irrelevant to whether it's an offensive term). It's all meaningless. All of it. She never received preferential treatment for it. She released DNA showing that "the facts suggest [she] absolutely has a Native American ancestor." And people still side with the guy calling her Pocahontas. It's bonkers. Just bonkers.

• wufan
                wufan commented
                Editing a comment
                It could be considered offensive to call her pocchantas. It could also be considered offensive to claim you are of the Delaware and Cherokee tribes based on those numbers.

• jdmee
                jdmee commented
                Editing a comment
                I am not defending the term "Pocahontas" but I can separate that from the discussion about the DNA tests. Again you are using the DNA tests as a proof that it is in her ancestry. The DNA tests did not prove that. They might suggest (probable) but they do not show (prove). There is a difference between the two.
                Last edited by jdmee; October 16, 2018, 01:16 PM.

• JdShock should read what the Cherokee Tribe says about Elizabeth Warren. They even denounce and refuse to claim her.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post

I agree with everything except the last line. We are talking about a relative that was almost certainly born before the revolutionary war. She’s obviously not a Native American...there’s no goal post shifting in that statement.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Trump should have his DNA tested. Just for the possibility it shows more minority blood than hers....

please, please, please...
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• How did she decide on Cherokee, because the DNA was compared to Mexican, Peruvian and Columbian.

Comment

• I’m repeating source data from earlier in the thread, but here goes for topical clarity...

-Warren is somewhere between 1.5% and .1% American Indian in lineage (1/64th-1/1024th).

-The NYT performed a genome study in 2014 which found that the average European-American has .18% American Indian lineage (something like 1/555th).

This means that the average white American has a percentage of American Indian blood that falls within Warren’s range. This doesn’t make Warren part Indian; this just makes Warren an average white American.

Theres NO way to spin this to NOT make her look like ass.

Comment

Working...
                      X